Villarrial speaks the truth

30dive

Im sure that comment was sliced and diced by Sullivan, who by the way I think is a jack@ss. Players will not throw those comments out there unless they know they will not be on the team next year. They know they will get fined.

548788[/snapback]

You don't get fined just for saying we need to run more. That is a player's opinion. Some players don't want to cause waves in the locker room, or with their bosses so are very diplomatic. Some are more open and honest and don't care as much. That is CV. But he would never be fined just for telling Jerry Sullivan that of course we would have liked to run more.

"Of course we would have liked to run the ball more," Villarrial said, "but we're only the players. We only do what's called." - from the Buffalo-News, Jerry Sullivan 1/02/06

This, more than anything said over the past few months tells me that MM has no handle on his team.  Until this I have been lukewarrm regarding a future for MM, but this says it all....MM must go!

548328[/snapback]

The only thing that this tells me, is that the team failed miserably in their goals - and there is plenty of off season steam blowing to come. Expect this attitude from anyone who really gives a rats hat. I personally enjoy it when players say, "throw me da ball!" To me, that is the right attitude. These are competitive professional atheletes, not corporate cubical drones.

Sure they have to pull together, but I want my guys all standing up and talking tough. When they stop, it's time to get the fork out and stick it in.

To Villereal- sometimes its better to be quiet and be thought a fool than to speak out and erase all doubt.

Somebody should teach that excuse a lesson in professionalism

548330[/snapback]

We should just replace the team with those big blocky robots from 50's movies. Then we wouldn't have to worry about pesky things like human emotions such as anger and frustration.

We should just replace the team with those big blocky robots from 50's movies. Then we wouldn't have to worry about pesky things like human emotions such as anger and frustration.

549039[/snapback]

With regard to the offensive line, we already don't have to worry about that pesky thing called talent.

To Villereal- sometimes its better to be quiet and be thought a fool than to speak out and erase all doubt.

Somebody should teach that excuse a lesson in professionalism

548330[/snapback]

Quite right. If Mularkey truely is the problem and has lost the confidence of the players, the last thing we want is for the owner to hear about it.

Much better that he only hear TD's explanations. Otherwise people could lose their jobs.