Gregg Williams

There was a post earlier today ripping this guy, I actually wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a mini-Bill Belichick in his next coaching gig. Buffalo was definitively a learning experience for him, and if he upgrades the assistants on his staff I have a feeling he is going to do well with his next HC job. He knows defense and I would venture to guess that Donahoe didn’t give him too much latitude in personnel decisions. I would bet a lot of money Mike Williams was not Gregg’s choice, especially with a Roy Williams on the board.

The way Joe Gibbs courted this guy, he has to be good. Anyways, I am glad to see him do well.

i was the poster who ripped him, and he deserved to be ripped for the job he did in buffalo. the guy was not cut out to be a head coach. he constantly gets bruschi'd by the commentators for his potential head coaching greatness next year. I will give that he's a good to great DC, but he sucked as a HC, which the national media apparently forgot.

with that said, if and when he's given another shot, i hope for his sake that he learned from his internship in buffalo.

There was a post earlier today ripping this guy, I actually wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a mini-Bill Belichick in his next coaching gig. Buffalo was definitively a learning experience for him, and if he upgrades the assistants on his staff I have a feeling he is going to do well with his next HC job. He knows defense and I would venture to guess that Donahoe didn’t give him too much latitude in personnel decisions. I would bet a lot of money Mike Williams was not Gregg’s choice, especially with a Roy Williams on the board.

The way Joe Gibbs courted this guy, he has to be good. Anyways, I am glad to see him do well.

547631[/snapback]

He did very well today. With a banged up secondary he still managed the defense very well. Overall it was the defense today that got the Redskins into the playoffs. Also, for those of you who were watching that game, why did Andy Reid take out Mike McMahon in the middle of the fourth quarter? I realize he made a bad throw earlier in that quarter, but after that drive he led the Eagles down near the red zone.