And another thing

ARGB52

T D has done EVERTHING that you guys have asked him to do. We did not have a QB when we got Drew ! You asked for a QB that could move, he drafted JP.

He brought in Adams and Spikes and Fletcher and Posey. All on this board though all those moves were great. Now all you do is second guess somebody who made those moves you agreeded with. He re-signed Pat Williams again agreed too by this board.

His drafts so far have been good. Clement, Schobel, Henry and others.

Draft picks that haven't worked out most everbody agreed on the day after the draft were good, yes even Mike Williams. How about holding the players responsible for a change in most of these cases.

He let go of Price and we all agreed the price to keep him was too high.

The mistake of hiring Williams as a Head Coach was his fault and I do fault him for that but again do you really think he did that with the intent to fail ???

You guys act like TD does not want to win. IMO he has done everything with the intent on this franchise becoming successful.

I am so sick and tired of the  crap that goes on on this board about the Bills. You act as if every single thing that TD does is wrong. He has made good and bad choices but the good choices far out weight the bad ones.

Do you expect him to be perfect ??? If so expect the same from yourselves Too !!!!

38525[/snapback]

!@#$en, Amen to that my Bills brother!

I blame him for this.

25 picks after the second round since he arrived.

1 starter- Jonas Jennings.

1 for 25.

38532[/snapback]

I think this stat is practically worthless. The Patriots have had only four starters drafted after the 2nd round since 1997. (not including 2004)

4 of 45 = 8%. Not as great as one would assume.

Oh, last years SB runnerups? Those drafted under curent regime? 3/27= 10% (Rickey Manning, Colin Branch, Will Witherspoon)

While certainly better than the Bills 4%, not as great an impact as suspected. Teams are built via free agency, not the draft...

Patriots Info:

7 picks after 2nd round

Starters: 1 (OL Koppen)

2002:

4 picks after 2nd round

Starters: 1 (WR David Givens)

2001:

8 picks after 2nd round

Starters: 0

2000:

8 picks after 2nd round

Starters: 2 (QB Tom Brady; FB Pass)

1999:

5 picks after 2nd round

1998:

6 picks after 2nd round

1997:

7 pickers after 2nd round

The last guy you would blame is TD???? He hires the coaches.  He hires the college scouts.  He hired John Guy as pro personel director.  He approves all trades and F/A signings.  Yes he signed a lot of "name" players, but maybe they are just a BIT overrated.

So tell me argb52 where does TD fall in terms of blame for the lack of success the team has had during his tenure???

38656[/snapback]

All name players that you all on this board agreed with at the time.

Blame for lack of success ???? How do you know at this point ??? He has been here for four years with a team for the first two had cap problems ???? He cleaned up the cap, His drafts have been solid- not spectacular. Greg Williams was a mistake but that is hind site- although I have to admit I never liked the pick. What Lack of success ?? Did you really think we were going into the Super Bowl in what one , two, or three years after he came here ?? IMO after Malarky's been here three years is when I will start to feel TD's choices just haven't produced enough to keep him. I feel we have the talent this year to be in the playoffs but we might not have the coaching. 1st year coaches need time even if they are expierence. If you give time to Green and Parcells you would at least give some time to Malarky. We have more talent then they do but you still must give him some break in time. With that said you would have to give TD the same amount of time.

Blame for lack of success ???? How do you know at this point ??? He has been here for four years with a team for the first two had cap problems ???? He cleaned up the cap, His drafts have been solid- not spectacular.

38689[/snapback]

17-33 = Lack of success!!

Furthermore, cleaning up the cap is not as great an achievement as is noted in the TD Hall of Fame quite frequently. He cut a bunch of players and then we proceeded to go 3-13...BFD! It would have been an achievement if he cut all the players to get under the cap and then proceeded to go 8-8.

Blame for lack of success ???? How do you know at this point ??? He has been here for four years with a team for the first two had cap problems ???? He cleaned up the cap, His drafts have been solid- not spectacular. Greg Williams was a mistake but that is hind site- although I have to admit I never liked the pick. What Lack of success ?? Did you really think we were going into the Super Bowl in what one , two, or three years after he came here ??  IMO after Malarky's been here three years is when I will start to feel TD's choices just haven't produced enough to keep him. I feel we have the talent this year to be in the playoffs but we might not have the coaching.  1st year coaches need time even if they are expierence. If you give time to Green  and Parcells you would at least give some time to Malarky. We have more talent then they do but you still must give him some break in time. With that said you would have to give TD the same amount of time.

38689[/snapback]

Well as long as the board agreed. Ralph could save some money and just have the board make all the decisions. TD is here to do one thing. Put together a team that wins football games. He is the President of the team. He is in charge. He puts the product on the field. And frankly..... Has not gotten the job done. I really do not want the likes of ICE, Thialog or even myself making decisions for this football team.

17-33 = Lack of success!!

Furthermore, cleaning up the cap is not as great an achievement as is noted in the TD Hall of Fame quite frequently.  He cut a bunch of players and then we proceeded to go 3-13...BFD!  It would have been an achievement if he cut all the players to get under the cap and then proceeded to go 8-8.

38702[/snapback]

That's it right, you got to be kidding. That's what you base your argument on???

That means every team that hasn't made the playoffs for two years should fire the GM. I mean really how could TD be so dumn ??? :doh: He could have left the players on the team and got a better record and then in your opinon that would have been great !!! Right !!! Keep Wade Philips and everybody else because after all we just missed the playoffs by one game ! :doh: I mean remember how great that team was when Philips almost took us to the play offs? :doh:

You guys kill me you have half an answer for a whole problem. I think going 3 & 13 to 8 & 8 was not bad and so did you. Yes last season was a mess and we all felt that Greg should be fired and guess what,,,,, He was !!! I mean what would make you guys happy ???? Selling the team and bringing in a whole neww coach and GM and then what, you think in the first year that would get us into the S B ???

You guys need to let this team grow and stop bitching so much. The people in this organazation over all are doing a hell of a job. This is one of the best run teams in the NFL and that is a fact.

I will be very dissapointed if they do not make the playoffs this year but I do not think that is going to mean that the coach or GM will have to go.

That's it right, you got to be kidding.  That's what you base your argument on???

That means every team that hasn't made the playoffs for two years should fire the GM. I mean really how could TD be so dumn ???  :doh:  He could have left the players on the team and got a better record and then in your opinon that would have been great !!! Right !!! Keep Wade Philips and everybody else because after all we just missed the playoffs by one game !  :doh:  I mean remember how great that team was when Philips almost took us to the play offs?  :doh:

You guys kill me you have half an answer for a whole problem. I think going 3 & 13 to 8 & 8 was not bad and so did you. Yes last season was a mess and we all felt that Greg should be fired and guess what,,,,, He was !!! I mean what would make you guys happy ???? Selling the team and bringing in a whole neww coach and GM and then what, you think in the first year that would get us into the S B ???

You guys need to let this team grow and stop bitching so much. The people in this organazation over all are doing a hell of a job. This is one of the best run teams in the NFL and that is a fact.

I will be very dissapointed if they do not make the playoffs this year but I do not think that is going to mean that the coach or GM will have to go.

38738[/snapback]

What I was replying to was that getting out of cap jail and then proceeding to go 3-13 should not be on TD's resume. This was not an ACHIEVEMENT!

I'm still waiting for who is at the top of your list to blame for a 17-33 record now into the 4th year of the TD regime, since you seem to have absolved him from any blame??

PS I don't have any problem with MM nor have I seen anyone calling for his head today.

Do you expect him to be perfect ??? If so expect the same from yourselves Too !!!!

38525[/snapback]

Why? He gets paid the millions to be wrong, not us.

Not perfect, I just expect to score a touchdown once in a while and I dunno, God forbid win a game. Is that too much to ask?