Xbox 360

Stl Bills

just wait

i remember when the PS2 first came out, everyone was blown away at the graphics upgrade...from all the demos i've seen/played at the mall, the 360 is really not all that impressive

the graphics are slightly better than my old PS2 but it's nothing mindblowing that I can't get on my computer

in fact, my computer is probably better spec-wise than the Xbox 360 is

give it a few months for the price to go down (esp with the PS3 coming out, prices may drop for competition) and for the programmers to fully take advantage of its hardware

I think I am going to wait. I always thought the core system- just the console and controller retailed for $399 but Best Buy advertises it for $299 (of course they are not in stock). I know when the original Xbox systems came out they cost $299 but that price for the 360 doesn't seem right, anybody know? I'm going to do some more research. I will never buy another playstation product again though, my PS2 broke at least 8 times and I had to keep sending it into Sony to get fixed, it would then only last a month and break again. Not to mention it took a month to get it back. Sony rushed to get that product out so fast that they ended up making 8 different versions of the PS2, I hope the same is not true for the 360. I was actually pretty impressed with the graphics but inorder to get the full effect you have to have an HDTV.

Core system has always been $299.00, but only a fool would buy it. For $100.00 more (the cost of the premium is $399.00) you get a remote, wireless controller, headset, and a hard drive. Seperately the extra would add up to almost $200.00 more.

As far as the comparison to a PS2 or even an Xbox goes, that is laughable. I have a PS2, Xbox, and a 360. Remember what PS2 games looked like when it first came out? Wait another 6 months before passing judgement on the 360's graphical prowess. As far as it's similarity to what a tricked out PC can do, check out Call of Duty 2 on a fully tricked out PC. Next play it on a 360 hooked up to a TV. The 360 actually plays it with better frames rates. Cost of a 360 - $400, cost of a decent PC - $1000-2000.

Where to get them? I bought mine on ebay before the launch and only paid 500. I know the guy that sold it to me is regretting it now. You best bet is to check in at BestBuy and Circuit City as often as possible, as they will continue to receive occasional shipments.

Also check out Xbox fan forums like teamxbox.com or xboxaddict. People will frequently post links to web sites offering 360's in stock.