What options did Donahoe REALLY have?

dickleyjones

When Tom Donahoe was looking for a new coach after the Gregggg fiasco, I thought to myself, " he'll learn from his mistake and make sure he goes out and gets a hard-nosed coach with head coaching experience." I was sure of it!

Why didn't this happen, though? Did he really choose Mularkey over the likes of Weis? Or was it Ralph Wilson's decision (big time coach = $$$!)?

Tom Donahoe's tenure as a gm has been discussed here ad nauseum, but imo many of his personnel decisions have been good ones. If the head coach decision was his, then by all means he should be canned for making the same mistake twice. However, if ralph was too cheap to get a good coach, he should give Donahoe one more chance, and let him hire a REAL head coach!

ps. i realize i am speculating somewhat here, but what the hell! we suck!

:flirt:

When Tom Donahoe was looking for a new coach after the Gregggg fiasco, I thought to myself, " he'll learn from his mistake and make sure he goes out and gets a hard-nosed  coach with head coaching experience."  I was sure of it!

Why didn't this happen, though?  Did he really choose Mularkey over the likes of Weis?  Or was it Ralph Wilson's decision (big time coach = $$$!)?

Tom Donahoe's tenure as a gm has been discussed here ad nauseum, but imo many of his personnel decisions have been good ones.  If the head coach decision was his, then by all means he should be canned for making the same mistake twice.  However, if ralph was too cheap to get a good coach, he should give Donahoe one more chance, and let him hire a REAL head coach!

ps.  i realize i am speculating somewhat here, but what the hell!  we suck!

:flirt:

541335[/snapback]

Sounds a lot like my "Ralph Wilson is a cheapskate" theory.

I for one think TD should get another chance. Only because he will have no choice other than to fix the mess that he created with our offensive and defensive line. He has pressure on him now and he might respond by actually breaking the bank to bring in sone real players. Besides, I'm not in the mood for another 10 year plan to start all over again.