If we get Martz ...uht oh

Johnny

OK, Faulk hasn't produced big numbers since 2001.

The Rams record:

2002: 7-9 (23rd in points scored in the NFL)

2003: 12-3

2004: 8-8 (19th in points scored in the NFL)

I don't see where a QB is drafted means anything.

He doesn't take special teams seriously, which has cost the Rams time and again.  I remember a game in Buffalo last season that turned on special teams play.

I'm not sure what his opponents playing in a dome means, because I was referring to the way his offense is structured.  It would be a disaster late in the season in Buffalo when the winds are blowing to try and throw the ball 35 times every game.

It's amazing to me that people who obviously never watch another team play with more than a passing glance can like a guy who coaches in almost the exact same manner as a guy they hate.  Mike Martz is like Mike Mularkey with a bit more experience.

Dumpmartz.com - Oh, how the RAMS fans love him.

539733[/snapback]

But I don't hate Mularkey!! As for the Rams offense, it's not so different from the K-gun, which was another pass-to-set-up-the-run-with-lots-of-downfield-throws-with-deep-ins-and-deep-outs offense.

In a recent Sports Illustrated issue article about Bellichek they were talking about the SB where Pats played the Rams. The Rams players were coming to Martz on the sidelines and telling him that the run was wide open and they could run it down the Pats throats, but Martz said "F%$# it I'm going to do it MY WAY".

I don't want a coach in here that has a chance to win a Super Bowl, but will only win it "his way".

Actually, he's a great offensive mind. Mularkey is braindead by comparison.  Martz knows how to bring the best out of his QB's and receivers.  The Bills have had a long standing tradition of getting the least out of theirs.  He needs to be counterbalanced by a top defensive coordinator and a GM with authority.  That may happen at his next stop.  The biggest negative with him is that he gets his QB's killed, but one of his biggest strengths is being able to identify and develop QB's.

539526[/snapback]

Mike Martz is an offensive mind who refuses to block for his quarterback which is the downfall to his offense every season. He ruined Kurt Warner with all of his hand injuries and concussions, is halfway to ruining Marc Bulger for the same thing, and broke Jamie Martin's head, spleen, etc. as well. We already have a problem blocking for the QB when we TRY to, we don't need an OC who will INTENTIONALLY turn the defense loose and let the QB get annihilated. QBs are clearly disposable to Martz...bad, bad, bad.

We already have our next OC in house, promote Sam Wyche. He runs the ball, develops QBs and is creative. He made it to the Super Bowl with Ickey Woods, Boomer Esiason, Tim McGee, and Eddie Brown on offense. The sum of our current tools are at least as good. Get him a line and let him go.