05-06 Coaching Changes Part 2

WVUFootball29

AFC East:

Buffalo: Mike Mularkey (13-13) 2yrs. Buffalo is struggling yet again this season. Even with a sub .500 record this year, I doubt that Ralph Wilson pulls the plug on Mike. However, if GM Tom Donahoe gets the axe this year, does Mularkey and the rest of the coaching staff go down with the Kool-Aid tanker?

Since Nov 26th (0-4) Tom's Kool-Aid Tanker has struck an iceberg, the question is how many lifeboats are available and is TD man enough to go down with the ship.

Miami: Nick Saban (3-7) 1 year. Saban hasn't exactly brought new life to the Dolphins, but he certainly hasnt made them any worse. If miami can bring in the 3 or 4 key players that Saban needs, they might have a serious shot at the division title in 2006.

Since Nov 26th (4-0) Saban has this team on the right track, If they can keep the defense healthy and find a permanent fixture at QB they'll be a playoff caliber team next season.

New England: Bill Belichick (95-75) 11 years. The genius that is Bill Belichick will not be going anywhere in 2006. However, if he's gonna need to increase production next season if he wants to keep that title of genius.

Since Nov 26th (3-1) Another injury plagued season but the Pats still find ways to win games. With a strong finish to the season the question will be, "Who can stop the Pats?"

New York: Herman Edwards (37-37) 5 years. Losing both Pennington and Fiedler early in the season looks to not only cost the Jets the season, but Edwards his job. Herman is going to need a strong finish if he expects to remain the HC for the Jets in 06. The most likely scenario is he gets the axe and takes a coordinator position next year.

Since Nov 26th (1-3) Things arent looking up for the Jets and Herm. Losing both QBs and other key injuries might earn him an extra season, but I'm thinking a change of scenary might do both Herm and the Jests good

AFC North

Baltimore: Brian Billick (59-47) 7 years. Though he might not be on the hot seat at the end of a disappointing 2005 campaign, his job in Baltimore will be on the line in 2006. You can only survive on a Super Bowl victory for so long.

Since Nov 26th (2-2) The Ravens have secured a losing record for 05 and the offense has been nothing but disappointing. I think Baltimore might do some shopping for an upgrade at the HC position if the right candidate is available otherwise Billick returns for 06

Cincinnati: Marvin Lewis (23-19) 3 years. 2 straight seasons of .500 ball had many critics questioning the coaching ability of Lewis. However, the Bengals have been stellar this season and look to make a strong showing in the AFC playoffs this year. Lewis isnt going anywhere, he might even get an extension with a good playoff showing.

Since Nov 26th (4-0) Marvin and the boys are making quite a run, they will be a force to reckon with come playoff time

Cleveland: Romeo Crennel (4-6) 1 year. Not quite the turn around that Cleveland fan's hoped for. But 4-6 with the kind of team Romeo has this year isn't a bad record. With the addition of a few key players and the possible return of Kellen Winslow the Browns could be a solid team next season. Look for a tough Cleveland defense next season

Since Nov 26th (1-3) Don't let the dismal record fool you, the Browns are turning things around. An offseason to polish new found gem Charlie Frye and the chance to make a few key acquisitions will make this team a contender in the next season or 2.

Pittsburgh: Bill Cowher (137-80-1) 14 years. The stout chinned general of Pittsburgh isn't leaving town anytime soon.

Since Nov 26th (2-2) Ailing Ben Roethlisberger has dampened the Pittsburgh momentum. They are on the bubble for the playoffs, but without a healthy Big Ben will that bubble be burst?

AFC South:

Houston: Dom Capers (47-75) 8 Years. The man who built the Panthers and took them to the playoffs in their second year of existance was supposed to do the same with the Texans. However, that just hasn't been the case in Houston. Another disappointing season looks to be the end of Capers-era in Houston.

Since Nov 26th (1-3) Reeves was brought in to stop the bleeding deep in the heart of Texas. Does Reeves make the return to the sidelines next season for the Texans or perhaps a move to the front office? Either way, Capers is gone.

Indianapolis: Tony Dungy (98-56) 10 years. After being ousted from Tampa Bay, Dungy has gone on to turn the Colts into an AFC powerhouse. However, his teams have struggled in the playoffs year in, year out. Anything less than a Super Bowl victory this year will be a disappointment and may send the Colts front office looking for someone else to get the Colts over that last hurdle.

Since Nov 26th (3-1) Still the favorite to win the AFC, the loss to the Chargers left the Colts dazed and confused, the question is now, can they rebound?

Tennessee: Jeff Fisher (95-81) 12 Years. 2-8 so far this season. Norm Chow didnt revitalize the offense like the Titans hoped. If the Titans can regroup and cross the finish line on their feet instead of their hands and knees, Fisher will still be in town. However a 2-14 finish might lead the Titans to go in another direction coaching wise.

Since Nov 26th (2-2) even with 2 more wins the Titans continue to stumble. Will Fisher and Tennessee's working relationship survive this disaster of a season?

Jacksonville: Jack Del Rio (21-21) Tough, no nonsense player = tough, no nonsense coach. 7-3 so far with the playoffs in reach. Jack will be back with his young, but one more year mature team next season for a serious super bowl run.

Since Nov 26th (3-1) Even with the loss of Byron Leftwich the Jags continue to find ways to win and are in the hunt for a playoff berth. But with the absence of BL in the big games be the end of the Jags for this year?

AFC West:

Oakland: Norv Turner (58-76-1) 9 Years. 4-6 record, not quite the explosive offense that was expected and Randy Moss can't stand him. Norv will be back next year, but after that is anyone guess.

Since Nov 26th (0-4) 4 straight losses and no production from Randy Moss has sealed the fate of Norv Turner. Norv will be looking for another OC job next season or maybe even college.

San Diego: Marty Schottenheimer (183-121-1) 20 Years. Marty finally has a very strong offensive team, but a tough early season schedule and the lack of a dominating defense are keeping SD from being a top the AFC west. Unless there is a total implosion, Marty stays for as long as he wants.

Since Nov 26th (3-1) Even with the big win against Indy, SD isnt in control of their destiny due to a major upset from Miami. They are on the bubble, but need solid play and some luck in the final 2 games.

Denver: Mike Shannahan (118-73) 13 years . Mike can turn nearly any RB into a 1,000 yard rusher. However, since the retirement of John Elway, he's lacked a solid starter at QB. Jake Plummer though has finally been allowed to play QB his way and the Broncos have been nearly unstoppable. As long as he keeps the leash of Jake, the Broncos will keep winning.

Since Nov 26th (3-1) cliched a playoff spot, as long as things go Denver's way, they will go deep into the playoffs

Kansas City: Dick Vermeil (116-107) 15 years. Has proved time and time again that nice guys don't always finish last. However, KC just doesn't quite have what it takes to win in the playoffs and word has it that Coach Vermeil is contemplating retirement at the end of the season. I think it would be a good idea for him to hang it up and leave it hung up this time.

Since Nov 26th (2-2) While they are not mathematically out of the running the Chiefs need 2 wins and a lot of luck to reach the post season. With such a solid showing this year, Dick Vermeil may hold off retirement for another season.

NFC East:

Dallas: Bill Parcells (161-120-1) 18 years. Bill has done what many believed was impossible, co-existed with owner Jerry Jones. As long as Jerry gets the players that Parcells wants, and Parcells keeps winning, he'll be in Dallas as long as he wants.

Since Nov 26th (1-2) The wheels are falling off the Dallas bandwagon, looks like the Boys are going to fall short of the playoffs. There have been some rumblings that Jerry Jones isnt happy with missing the playoffs this year.

Philadelphia: Andy Reid (68-38) 7 years. May go down in history as the man who told T.O. "No" and stuck to it. However, McNabb can't stay healthy and the Eagles depth is pretty shallow. 2005 is over for the Eagles and 2006 might be a make or break year for Andy Reid.

Since Nov 26th (2-2) Still a chance for a non losing season, but this year has been nothing short of a train wreck for Philly. Hopefully McNabb can return 100% next year otherwise look for some drastic changes to be made after 2006.

New York: Tom Coughlin (81-73) 10 years. Tougher than a $2.00 steak. Has the Giants in position for solid playoff run behind second year QB Eli Manning. Has long has he has the players on his side, the Giants will be a contender in the NFC

Since Nov 26th (3-1) Playoffs are in this teams future, but I dont think Eli is quite ready to carry this team past the first round.

Washington: Joe Gibbs (135-75) 14 years. In a publicity stunt gone right, Dan Snyder finally made a smart move bringing back Redskins idol Joe Gibbs. Although, it looks like a farce last season, once Gibbs got the players he wanted on the team the Redskins finally started winning some games. While 5-5 is hardly a stellar record, it's forecasting good things to come if Snyder continues to listen to Gibbs.

Since Nov 26th (3-1) Still a chance for the Skins to finish strong and grab a WC spot in the playoffs. Gibbs has really brought life back into this team. The question is will he have Brunell to start next season or will Jason Campbell inherit the job in the offseason?

NFC North:

Green Bay: Mike Sherman (55-35) 6 years. Utter disappointment is the only way to describe the Packers season so far. If Favre retires this season, Green Bay might look to rebuid altogether, meaning new QB, better DB's and a new Head Coach.

Since Nov 26th (1-3) Things cant get much worse in GB. Next year revolves around if Favre returns or not, no Favre = no Sherman, and major rebuilding.

Chicago: Lovie Smith (12-14) 2 years. The Bears finally have a defense that strikes fear in the hearts of opposing offenses again. It looks like Lovie's growing pains as a head coach are gone and the Bears will win the NFC North.

Since Nov 26th (3-1) Grossman's return catapulted the Bears to a victory last week, but can the Bears and Grossman sustain that momentum in the playoffs?

Minnesota: Mike Tice (28-31) 5 years. Even with Minnesota's recent winning streak Tice is on the cutting block. Between the ticket scalping incident, and all the off the field distraction's this year there isn't much that can save Tice's job

Since Nov 26th (3-1) What a difference a month makes. Brad Johnson is leading this team to a solid chance at the post season. Tice's job has been saved by the strong play of his players and his relationship with the owner. but there had better not be any drama in 06 for the Vikes like there was in 05.

Detroit: Steve Mariucci (72-67) 9 Years. The current buzz is that Mariucci is on the way out in Detroit and I dont blame the Lions. Mariucci hasn't done much when it comes making the Lions into a solid football team. Mariucci was supposed to be the guy to make Joey Harrington a top NFL QB, instead he's given up on him. Steve might want to get a resume prepared for this offseason.

Since Nov 26th Well Mooch got canned earlier than I would have bet. While its not all his fault, his success in SF wasnt all his doing. Dick Jauron is the most likely candidate for the fulltime job nextyear in Detroit.

NFC South:

Atlanta: Jim Mora, Jr. (18-9) 2 years. Has had great success in his first 2 seasons as a head coach. Atlanta is sold on him and as long as the Falcons make regular playoff runs Mora will be the man in Atlanta. (Playoffs?!?!?!)

Since Nov 26th (1-2) Things arent looking too great in Hotlanta right now...an Ailing Mike Vick might be the last bump that the Falcons cant overcome to reach the playoffs.

New Orleans: Jim Haslett (44-46) 6 years. Just can't seem to do better than .500 in a season. However, with the mess that is New Orleans, I doubt Tom Benson is going to do anything drastic to make the Saints a contender in 2006. Therefor I believe Haslett will still be the coach.

Since Nov 26th (1-3) The team quit on him and he's quit on the team. Hopefully Tom Benson can do at least one thing right and let Haslett out of his contract. If he doesnt, it shows TB wants nothing to do with a winning team until he is allowed to leave NO.

Tampa Bay: John Gruden (69-53) 8 years. Although he won't win the part of Annie any time soon, (hopefully you all have seen that commercial on NFL Network) Gruden has turned around the Bucs. After a 5-11 season the Bucs are 7-3 and on the playoff bubble. Gruden will be safe in TB as long has the team continues to improve.

Since Nov 26th (2-2) Stumbling a little bit, but Chris Simms looks like he's finally figured out how to Qb in the NFL. Still, I dont expect much out of the bucs this post season.

Carolina: John Fox (32-26) 4 years. 7-3 with a strong defense and Steve Smith is on fire. As long as they can ride the wave of good play the Panthers will be in playoff contention and Fox will stay off the hot seat

Since Nov 26th (3-1) My darkhorse pick for NFC champs. Two tough games against bubble teams Dallas and Atlanta will prove whether the panthers are for real or not.

NFC West:

San Francisco: Mike Nolan (2-8) 1 year. Not a great way to start one's head coaching career. Nolan will need to improve his record next season or be prepared to be on the chop block.

Since Nov 26th (0-4) If Philly is a train wreck, SF is a natural disaster. Alex Smith is proving to be more of a product of a good system in Utah rather than a solid QB. Who do the 49ers take with the number 1 pick overall this year? Is San Fran the new Cincinatti?

Seattle: Mike Holmgren (133-85 ) 13 years. Holmgren will lead Seattle into the postseason. Holmgren isnt leaving Seattle anytime soon.

Since Nov 26th (4-0) Seattle looks unstoppable behind MVP to be Shaun Alexander. Unless Carolina can stop them, Seattle represents the NFC in the Super Bowl

St. Louis: Joe Vitt (2-3) 1 year. With health problems keeping Mike Martz away from the field and most likely into early retirement, the Rams have been entrusted to Joe Vitt. Its higly unlikely that Vitt will remain the coach after the end of the season.

Since Nov 26th (1-3) Bulger is hurt again, Fitzpatrick isnt ready to be a fulltime starter and the ST.Louis Rams will be looking for a new coaching staff in 06

Arizona: Dennis Green (106-79) 12 years. The Cards havent shown any improvement over last season. Partly because of the lack of a QB. Green is going to need to find one soon and start winning some games. Green will be on the hot seat next season.

Since Nov 26th (1-3) Not much improvement with the Cards...one question is Denny Green going to be able to get his man Culpepper from Minn who seems to be sold on Brad Johnson? If so, the Cards maybe heading for a turn around in 06.

Great post ;)

But one little nagging detail

Houston: Dom Capers (47-75) 8 Years. The man who built the Jaguars and took them to the playoffs in their second year of existance was supposed to do the same with the Texans.

538527[/snapback]

Capers was the Panthers coach.

Coughlin was the Jaguars

:lol:

Great post :rolleyes:

But one little nagging detail

Capers was the Panthers coach.

Coughlin was the Jaguars

:lol:

538536[/snapback]

UGH....no one even pointed that out before....sheesh...well I knew it was one of the two ;)

EDIT* fixed it

Well, WVU - you wrote a lot, but I've rarely disagreed with a post more (I never saw the first version.) My response:

Buffalo: Why does "TD" need to be "man enough" to go down with the ship? Does anyone expect him to just quit on his team and resign????? At this point, we can only hope that Wilson pulls the plug on the incompetent Mularkey.

Miami - No question Saban has been impressive as of late, following up a disheartening loss to Cleveland with the huge upset of an exhausted Chargers team.

New England - You've got to be kidding me. I'm not going to change my opinion of Belichick simply because he *only* managed to win the division in an injury-riddled year and after two straight Super Bowl wins - even if he does follow it up with a non-playoff year next year.

New York - Word out of New York seems to be that Edwards' job is safe, and that Edwards will not resign. With the AFC East drawing two of the three toughest divisions in football this year, and with the NY Jets suffering an almost unbelievable number of injuries (they've gone to both their 5th-string QB at times and even started their 3rd-string RB this season, as well as losing several of their best offensive linemen) that is the right decision for one of the best coaches in the League - and perhaps the League's most underrated.

Baltimore - Biggest question around, though leakers have suggested that Billick is safe.

Cincinnati - You've got to be kidding me. "Many critics were questioning the coaching ability of Lewis" after just two years? Fools. I picked the Bengals for the AFC Championship game this year based on Lewis' recent performance.

Cleveland - Its a little early to call Frye a "gem."

Pittsburgh - Cowher should be "coach for life" in Pittsburgh based on his accomplisments.

Houston: The whole world knows it: Capers is gone.

Indianapolis: You've got to be kidding me: "Anything less than a Super Bowl victory this year will be a disappointment and may send the Colts front office looking for someone else to get the Colts over that last hurdle"? If Garo Ypremian blows the Super Bowl for the '72 Fins, should they have fired Shula??? Tony Dungy is only the second coach in NFL History, so far as I know, to clinch the #1 seed with an undefeated season - that is a huge accomplishment. And then you say "the loss to the Chargers left the Colts dazed and confused, the question is now, can they rebound?" Uh, it was a meaningless game..... I'm not too worried about it.

Tennessee: Interesting to see if they give up on Fisher - but I think it would be a mistake.

Jacksonville: I personally think that Jack Del Rio is full of nonsense antics on the sideline and in press conferences. Moreover, Jacksonville is a mediocre team that is kept above .500 due to the same pitiful schedule that had the Colts rolling to an undefeated meaningful season. The only serious Super Bowl run coming out of Jacksonville was when they hosted the game.

Oakland: We agree: Norv is done.

San Diego: We agree: Marty Schottenheimer will be back.

Denver: I don't know about Denver going deep in the playoffs - they're going to likely face a good team like Cincinnati or San Diego in the 1st round, or maybe the 2nd.

Kansas City: We agree: Maybe Vermeil comes back.

Dallas: "There have been some rumblings that Jerry Jones isnt happy with missing the playoffs this year." Only in your dreams. Jones wants Parcells back.

Philadelphia: Disagree about possible drastic changes after 2006, Andy Reid is one of the NFL's best and shouldn't be going anywhere.

New York: We agree: "Playoffs are in this teams future, but I dont think Eli is quite ready to carry this team past the first round."

Washington: The Skins could finish strong and not just grab a Wild Card, but still win the division with 2 division games remaining.

Green Bay: I don't think that Sherman is nearly on the hot seat you imagine, but its possible.

Chicago: "Grossman's return catapulted the Bears to a victory last week," - just plain wrong, that defense won the game with Orton on the field.

Minnesota: "Even with Minnesota's recent winning streak Tice is on the cutting block. Between the ticket scalping incident, and all the off the field distraction's this year there isn't much that can save Tice's job" - just goes to show how fans completely overreact to the most recent events.

Detroit: Mariucci is already fired.

Atlanta: Hard to see Mora leaving so soon.

New Orleans: A true mystery. The New Orleans/San Antonio/Los Angeles situation needs to be resolved first, hopefully.

Tampa Bay: The Super Bowl win for one of the NFL's former basket-cases keeps Gruden around for a long time.

Carolina: Hot seat for Fox?????? And how is the 2nd-best team in the NFC a "darkhorse"????

San Francisco: We agree: Nolan has looked lost this year.

Seattle: Great year for Holmgren.

St. Louis: Martz has left for medical reasons.

Arizona: We agree - Green needs to show something, *anything* soon.

Now see this is the reason I post these...for discussions. I'm not here to spout of jackass opinions (well most of the time) like a message board Jim Rome.

Buffalo: Why does "TD" need to be "man enough" to go down with the ship? Does anyone expect him to just quit on his team and resign????? At this point, we can only hope that Wilson pulls the plug on the incompetent Mularkey.

Not expecting a resignation...more or less I just want him to not point fingers on his way out of town. For every good position player he's brought in, he's still failed to patch the holes in the line and that is blatantly obvious, if you cant bring in competent lineman in 5 offseasons, you've got the wrong priorities or you are blind to think we have a competent line.

New York - Word out of New York seems to be that Edwards' job is safe, and that Edwards will not resign. With the AFC East drawing two of the three toughest divisions in football this year, and with the NY Jets suffering an almost unbelievable number of injuries (they've gone to both their 5th-string QB at times and even started their 3rd-string RB this season, as well as losing several of their best offensive linemen) that is the right decision for one of the best coaches in the League - and perhaps the League's most underrated.

I couldnt agree more that he is a horribly underrated coach. And at this point I'm sure he's coming back next year. However, Jets fans are less patient than Bills fans and if things dont get better next season, I truly believe it would be in Herm's best interest to start over elsewhere.

Baltimore - Biggest question around, though leakers have suggested that Billick is safe.

The pounding of GB and the fluke play of Boller probably bought BB some more time, the thing is that offense has been horrible since the super bowl season and got much worse when they let go of Trent Dilfer

Cincinnati - You've got to be kidding me. "Many critics were questioning the coaching ability of Lewis" after just two years? Fools. I picked the Bengals for the AFC Championship game this year based on Lewis' recent performance.

Fools indeed. I was a huge Marvin Lewis supporter when interviewed in Buffalo and was suprised they fell short of the playoffs last year. He inherited a mediocre team with poor ownership and the concern was would Marvin be able to get the guys he needed, well we got the answer this year's team.

Indianapolis: You've got to be kidding me: "Anything less than a Super Bowl victory this year will be a disappointment and may send the Colts front office looking for someone else to get the Colts over that last hurdle"? If Garo Ypremian blows the Super Bowl for the '72 Fins, should they have fired Shula??? Tony Dungy is only the second coach in NFL History, so far as I know, to clinch the #1 seed with an undefeated season - that is a huge accomplishment. And then you say "the loss to the Chargers left the Colts dazed and confused, the question is now, can they rebound?" Uh, it was a meaningless game..... I'm not too worried about it.

Meaningless game, but a shocking loss at home is still a loss at home which proves to the other team that the Colts are vunerable. And yes, anything less than a Super Bowl for this time is a major disappointment. A near undefeated season and losing in the Division of Championship game isnt something to be proud of this year. The thing with Dungy is his teams never seem to win the big playoff game. He's 5-7 in the playoffs which means to me that he can get to the postseason no problem, but cant find a way to win it. How many AFC championship losses do you think the Colts are going to take before they look else where like Tampa Bay did?

Tennessee: Interesting to see if they give up on Fisher - but I think it would be a mistake.

Mistake for Tennessee yes, but a blessing for what ever team gets him. Lot of things up in the air in Tenn

Denver: I don't know about Denver going deep in the playoffs - they're going to likely face a good team like Cincinnati or San Diego in the 1st round, or maybe the 2nd.

Denver/Cincy would be a great game and that one is a toss up. I do think though that Denver can get by SD. Depending on what the bracket looks like I still think they can get to the AFC championship

Dallas: "There have been some rumblings that Jerry Jones isnt happy with missing the playoffs this year." Only in your dreams. Jones wants Parcells back.

It would be a huuuuuuge mistake of monumental proportions for Jones to ditch Parcells and I doubt that he would after all he went through to get him, but I'm only typing what I've heard on a couple radio shows (not from fans) about the rumblings in Texas

Washington: The Skins could finish strong and not just grab a Wild Card, but still win the division with 2 division games remaining.

Yes they could, but I think the Giants will take it. They play Washington this week in a make or break game then the Giants have Oakland which is a wounded duck. I like NYG's schedule to finish atop the NFC east this year.

Green Bay: I don't think that Sherman is nearly on the hot seat you imagine, but its possible.

Everything revolves around Brett Favre's decision right now. I also didnt like the way Sherman kept referring to Aaron Rodgers as, "The Young QB" in his post game interview as to why Brett came out of that game.

Chicago: "Grossman's return catapulted the Bears to a victory last week," - just plain wrong, that defense won the game with Orton on the field.

The defense of Chicago has won every game this year. However orton's 12 to Grossman's 93 yards passing (god they both suck) but the Bears scored with Grossman on the field and I do believe Lovie Smith said yesterday that Grossman is the starter for this weekend.

Minnesota: "Even with Minnesota's recent winning streak Tice is on the cutting block. Between the ticket scalping incident, and all the off the field distraction's this year there isn't much that can save Tice's job" - just goes to show how fans completely overreact to the most recent events.

True, and at that point in the season it still looked like Tice was on the way out...but if you read the Since then part, you would have seen that I said Tice isnt going anywhere and Tice and Brad Johnson got this team back on track.

Detroit: Mariucci is already fired.

Was a little bit sooner than I imagined.

Atlanta: Hard to see Mora leaving so soon.

Mora's not gonna be going anywhere, but neither are the Falcons this year.

New Orleans: A true mystery. The New Orleans/San Antonio/Los Angeles situation needs to be resolved first, hopefully.

That place is a mess, and its sad when a coach quits on a team like that, but whats worse is an owner than keeps locked up in a contract when he knows that isnt going to help his team improve at all next year.

Tampa Bay: The Super Bowl win for one of the NFL's former basket-cases keeps Gruden around for a long time.

Basket case that wins...this team will be much better next year minus injuries at QB positions and Carnell Williams staying healthy all year.

Carolina: Hot seat for Fox?????? And how is the 2nd-best team in the NFC a "darkhorse"????

Darkhorse in the fact that everyone is picking Seattle to take the NFC crown. I said Fox will stay off the hot seat as long as the team keeps winning...this was said when they were 7-3 but coming off a losing 7-9 season last year. Back to back losing seasons in my book usually indicates a hot seat, or a least one that is a little too warm to be comfortable. but call it a hunch, a 10+ win season will get your ass off a hot seat real quick.

St. Louis: Martz has left for medical reasons.

And now he's cleared to come back by the team doctor, but the organization doesnt want him back.

Cleveland: Romeo Crennel (4-6) 1 year. Not quite the turn around that Cleveland fan's hoped for. But 4-6 with the kind of team Romeo has this year isn't a bad record. With the addition of a few key players and the possible return of Kellen Winslow the Browns could be a solid team next season. Look for a tough Cleveland defense next season

Since Nov 26th (1-3) Don't let the dismal record fool you, the Browns are turning things around.  An offseason to polish new found gem Charlie Frye and the chance to make a few key acquisitions will make this team a contender in the next season or 2.

538527[/snapback]

I'd be pleased if I were a Browns fan. 5 and 9, the most they have been beat by was 14 points, with a team that followed the "blow it up" philosophy, with only 20 players held over from the '04 squad. Are ya listenin', Ralph? Only a few players away, my eye! :huh: