Speaking of our very offensive line...

Toledo Bill

McNair and Manning had all day to throw. There were huge holes created by the line for runners. I know that Bledsoe is not the QB for our offense, but who is... Michael Vick? I really think that he could still be very effective behind a good line.

The bottom line... we have not built a good line and until we do will have a poor football team.

McNair and Manning had all day to throw. There were huge holes created by the line for runners. I know that Bledsoe is not the QB for our offense, but who is... Michael Vick? I really think that he could still be very effective behind a good line.

The bottom line... we have not built a good line and until we do will have a poor football team.

38210[/snapback]

Not that this has anything to do with the colts or titans, but don't you remember how different the line looked depending on if Flutie or RJ was the qb? Bledsoe does not move around and can't run, so anybody rushing can converge on one spot. Even a guy who is just a threat to roll out occasionally would make a big difference in how the bills offense is defended, and make the offensive line look a little bit better.

The problem with such an extreme focus on the OL is the following: Thanks to the salary cap you won't be able to have good players at other positions, for example on the defense.

38235[/snapback]

Wrong!

Colts starting offensive line

Tarrik Glen- 1st round pick- Highly paid

Rick DeMulling- 7th round pick- Cheap

Jeff Saturday- Free Agent- Not expensive

Tupe Peko- Undrafted Free Agent- Cheap

Ryan Diem- 4th round pick- Cheap.

You build your line in the draft and undrafted free agents.

We have 1 player that we have drafted after round 2 since TD arrived that has made an impact. Jonas Jennings.

The Colts probably have a line that costs a Whopping 7-8 million with Tarrick Glenn costing them 5 million of that.

Wrong!

I don't think so. The Bills OL does not work with

Williams 1st rounder

Teague: not too cheap

Jennigs: soon to be expensive

and two not so expensive FA

To increase the performance of the OL in order that DB can play adequately, further investment in the OL is needed. Either a high draft pick or a good FA. Both investments are expensive and, thus, will hurt other positions.

I don't think so. The Bills OL does not work with

Williams 1st rounder

Teague: not too cheap

Jennigs: soon to be expensive

and two not so expensive FA

To increase the performance of the OL in order that DB can play adequately, further investment in the OL is needed. Either a high draft pick or a good FA. Both investments are expensive and, thus, will hurt other positions.

38287[/snapback]

How can the Colts find a dominate line with the expensive players they have?

I just showed you.

What is wrong with this organization is that we find no one that can help via the draft after round 2!

Stop it with the blame the OL crap will ya.

Bledsoe is the problem. Has been for some time now. Those of us who are not blind see all too well that the problem is that teams know Bledsoe cannot (I mean he never does) beat the blitz, so they blitz all the time. What's more, Bledsoe rarely recognizes a blitz before the snap, rarely sees the blitz once it's coming, and never can avoid the blitz once it gets to him.

Those blind call this is problem with the OL when it's an obvious problem of the QB.

And you don't need to spend a ton of cap $ on your OL as some claim. Look at the Pats OL. They have a group of no namers, who they rotate all the time by the way, protecting Brady and Brady is hardly ever touched. You know why? He's the polar opposite of Bledsoe ...... he sees the blitz coming before the ball is snapped, and he makes teams pay for blitzing him by killing them with the pass because of his great awareness and pocket sense.

Bledsoe cannot (I mean he never does) beat the blitz, so they blitz all the time. What's more, Bledsoe rarely recognizes a blitz before the snap, rarely sees the blitz once it's coming, and never can avoid the blitz once it gets to him.

This is a post of mine, pretty much verbatim, from another message board. :angry:

Reveal yourself, plagiarist! :rolleyes:

Ok forget Drew Bledsoe here for a second. Now is our offensive line good?

Mike Williams- 1st rd draft pick #4 overall. Slow footwork, which leads to getting burnt by people with average speed. Good in run blocking, stevestojantty in pass protection (would probably best be suited as a guard)

Chris Villarial- is he really an upgrade over ruben brown? Yeah he's cheaper, but what has he done here to be considered better? Is suppouse to be a good run blocker, gets no push

Trey Teague- Still can't handle blitzes up the middle and is in general too small and didn't even want to play center. Geets no push in run blocking, bad pass blocker. No mean streak

Lawrence Smith- Haven't seen much of him to really gather an opinion. So far he's below average from what I've seen. decent pass blocking, no push off run blocking

Jonas Jennings- Average tackle at best like mike williams would probably be better suited at guard. Good run blocker average pass blocker.

Now once again forget drew bledsoe and the pass protection(I know thats hard for a lot of people who just want to hate drew bledsoe but try) Our offensive line is well offensive. They get no push at all in run blocking. None!! You can't win in this lequge or be a power running team when 2 weeks in a row you have the ball at the other teams 1 yard line and can't punch it in. We wanted to be a power running team. Ever since last year. Everyone said we need to run more we gotta give the rock to henry. Well guess what? 2 weeks in and we've proved we don't have the offensive line to be a power running team. That in itself is a problem to what we wanted to do. We don't have the offensive line to be a passing team either. We have players in the wrong positions (Williams,Jennings) an average guard. a stevestojantty center and a big ? mark at lg. If The Bills are gonna be the team they want to be and have preached to the fans they're going to be. Forget the save Drew Bledsoe experiment. The front office needs to suck it up admit their mistakes and draft offensive lineman go after some free agents. Jim Mcnally is a good oline coach, but he's not christ he can't turn blood into wine, or walk on water. As long as the buffalo bills continue going after stevestojantty offensive lineman we will not be a power running team. We'll be a team with skilled offensive players who never reach their potential. Anyone who's ever played football can tell you. You Win starting up front.