John Murphy

davidlane

Any thoughts on how John and Alex are doing so far. Personally I think John makes a great colour guy, but not play by play. He doesn't seem to get into the play calling as much as he could. I realize it is difficult to follow in the foot steps of the great Van Miller, but he just seems to be a little too laid back or something.

I've enjoyed the play by play, but being able to watch the game and "turn the volume down" and listen to the radio call has been impossible, the TV and radio are out of sink by almost 5 seconds. Yesterday I was hearing the call of the tackle before the ball was even snapped. I don't ever remember it being so bad.

I've enjoyed the play by play, but being able to watch the game and "turn the volume down" and listen to the radio call has been impossible, the TV and radio are out of sink by almost 5 seconds. Yesterday I was hearing the call of the tackle before the ball was even snapped. I don't ever remember it being so bad.

38103[/snapback]

Well maybe I am biased a little because I wanted to get the job...LOL (I am a play by play guy myself), but I think it may get better, I am sure it is quite an adjustment for John, after doing colour for so many years.

Alex has been a really nice addition though, giving us some really good insights from inside the huddle.

I do agree on the delay, It wasn't too bad over here in Canada, if I put it on channel 4, but if I put on the game on the NFL Ticket channel, it was really brutal, like you say, close to 5 secs

D