Random thoughts

jahnyc

Some thoughts:

1. Interesting quotes from the Raiders. Sapp and Turner both noted that they thought they had an advantage going in with their d-line versus our o-line.

2. The o-line is terrible, but Bledsoe makes the o-line look worse because he is immobile. Why didn't we fix the o-line in the offseason? I though RW and TD promised during the season last year that this would be addressed in a significant way.

3. I have been impressed with the defense and J. Gray. I thought there would be a decline with Williams and LeBeau departing. Fletcher and Spikes are awesome.

4. If we wanted to win now, why did we hire a rookie coach? The players are making too many mistakes (i.e., penalties, dropped passes and using timeouts prematurely). I don't see any difference in approach or mental toughness.

5. Not enough production from our draft picks. We needed guys that could step-in and contribute immediately.

6. Not only is our team flawed, but they are extremely boring to watch.

7. I know we are committed to running the ball, but our running game looks terrible, averaging about three yards per carry. I assume that it is the o-line and not Henry.

8. I don't see our offense getting better as the season progresses.

Some thoughts:

3.  I have been impressed with the defense and J. Gray.  I thought there would be a decline with Williams and LeBeau departing.  Fletcher and Spikes are awesome.

38081[/snapback]

For the most part they played well, but missed tackles killed us.

Some thoughts:

1.  Interesting quotes from the Raiders.  Sapp and Turner both noted that they thought they had an advantage going in with their d-line versus our o-line.

2.  The o-line is terrible, but Bledsoe makes the o-line look worse because he is immobile.  Why didn't we fix the o-line in the offseason?  I though RW and TD promised during the season last year that this would be addressed in a significant way. 

3.  I have been impressed with the defense and J. Gray.  I thought there would be a decline with Williams and LeBeau departing.  Fletcher and Spikes are awesome.

4.  If we wanted to win now, why did we hire a rookie coach?  The players are making too many mistakes (i.e., penalties, dropped passes and using timeouts prematurely).  I don't see any difference in approach or mental toughness.

5.  Not enough production from our draft picks.  We needed guys that could step-in and contribute immediately.

6.  Not only is our team flawed, but they are extremely boring to watch.

7.  I know we are committed to running the ball, but our running game looks terrible, averaging about three yards per carry.  I assume that it is the o-line and not Henry.

8.  I don't see our offense getting better as the season progresses.

38081[/snapback]

Half of our negative yardage plays came from blocking errors by our running backs. As far as Henry's YPC you might want to look at all the slipping he did on a field that should be banned by the league.