3rd longest playoff drought

Clockwork

We have been playoffless for 6 seasons. The only teams with a longer drought are Detroit and Arizona. Can we talk about this team in the same breath as those sorry franchises? Unfotunatly, yes.

Since Donahoe took over, we have been shut out. Numerous coaches, QBs, 1st round picks and free agent signings have resulted in NOTHING.

If Ralph doesnt get rid of TD, how can I take this team seriously? Why would I pay my hard earned money on a team with no desire to win? Why would anyone?

Some serious changes will have to be made to this team. If not, it will alienate the fans, ticket purchases will suffer, and the Bills will move to LA. It is a day that I hope will never happen, but as the years of futility roll by, it is becoming more and more apparant that this is a possibility.

Sad but true.

We have been playoffless for 6 seasons.  The only teams with a longer drought are Detroit and Arizona.  Can we talk about this team in the same breath as those sorry franchises?  Unfotunatly, yes.

Since Donahoe took over, we have been shut out.  Numerous coaches, QBs, 1st round picks and free agent signings have resulted in NOTHING.

If Ralph doesnt get rid of TD, how can I take this team seriously?  Why would I pay my hard earned money on a team with no desire to win?  Why would anyone? 

Some serious changes will have to be made to this team.  If not, it will alienate the fans, ticket purchases will suffer, and the Bills will move to LA.  It is a day that I hope will never happen, but as the years of futility roll by, it is becoming more and more apparant that this is a possibility.

Sad but true.

534005[/snapback]

Next year we'll have a better team. This year has been more disapointing than others. I think we understand that we can't win a football game without an offensive line.

Will a better team bring us to the playoffs? We are still very far away from competing. Losses to Oakland and New Orleans certainly don't make me optimistic about anything.

A better team means a massive overhaul from front office to personell. To me, everyone is expendable.

Why?  I know we all still bleed Bills blue, but honestly why spend the money to watch a team lose?

534094[/snapback]

Because people watch football. Thats why the NHL is foolish to eliminate ties- people go to the game to watch the competition to enjoy the sport and be entertained- the result is not what people go to see- you can see a dull or exciting win, loss or tie.

Next year we'll have a better team.  This year has been more disapointing than others.  I think we understand that we can't win a football game without an offensive line.

534016[/snapback]

The Flutopians (me included) preferred Doug over RJ because we knew the Bills had a piss poor line and Flutie "hid" that weakness ........ the Johsonians, always felt that Rob possesed good physical talents (and the even minded flutopians agreed), but his development was stunted by piss poor line play ...... the Drew supporters liked Drew and didn't blame his failures on his "head and feet" but realized most of the problem was with piss poor line play .... and this year ... while I realize some (or even most) of JPs problems are caused by his inexperiance, I also believe at least some of the problems can be blaimed on (once again) piss poor line play.

Now I don't know off the top of my head exactly how many years we are covering here ........ but what makes you think the light has finally gone on at one Bills drive that will get us some linemen by next year.

Ahhh and yet the Denver game is a sellout.  Money talks!

534039[/snapback]

Didnt the game sell out before the season ever started? I think it would be a different toon for half the games this year. They were already soldout before this mess started. Dont expect tickets to sell like hotcakes next year.

Guest BackInDaDay
Bills fans are like battered wives...if the new management make a few good moves, the fans will shell out the $$$.

534563[/snapback]

Hedda, is that you?

Donahoe is one heckuva salesman. Then again, Bill's football doesn't have much competition.

Too bad the Braves left.

Ernie D, is that you?