do you think teams look to the draft?

Blue Chipper

I know these guys are professional athletes and professional coaches but do you think they ever get to the point of looking at their draft position? Houston had that game won yesterday but let Tenn come back and get the w. They have one victory this year and SF has two. SF got blasted by Seatle at 4. Nobody will lose a game on purpose ofcourse but if you have that 1st pick in the draft you dont want to lose it either.

I know these guys are professional athletes and professional coaches but do you think they ever get to the point of looking at their draft position? Houston had that game won yesterday but let Tenn come back and get the w. They have one victory this year and SF has two. SF got blasted by Seatle at 4. Nobody will lose a game on purpose ofcourse but if you have that 1st pick in the draft you dont want to lose it either.

529475[/snapback]

America is about the individual and individuals react to things different ways. My sense is that there are likely a few key players on a team which might profit from losing and while I doubt they try to lose (that often is easy to see) they just end up not going that extra mile and laying out for a pass reception or making a Don Beeb like rundown of Leon Lett.

This can make all the difference in a game like TN/Hou.

As far as a game like SF/Sea I think the difference it makes is that players cash it in early. They see know reason to get injured in order to lose by 28 points instead of 35.

I think folkd like conspiracy theories because it provides the illusion of control, but vonspiracies take a lot of time, effort, and luck. There really are too many people involved for them to work or remain secret. They also tend to be unnecessary because the same task of losing the game can be accomplished through a few individual acts of non-effort so why engage in some huge conspiracy.

529475[/snapback]

1968 - BUF vs. PHI for the OJ pick. Bills got OJ, PHI got Leroy Keyes... ;)

The draft is a resource that the good teams use wisely. Most Bills fans would love to have what New England drafted the last five years with Scott Pioli and Bill Billichick landing quality players throughout! The irony sometimes is that the higher drafting teams are just as bad on draft day as they are during the season. The Bills drafted higher than NE, but never closed the gap because poorly run franchises keep making the same mistakes over and over and.......