Int at goal line

grog

I guess the shock is starting to where off, the more I think about that int at the goal line when up 23-3 the more pissed I get.

That play for me has me wishing MM is gone next year. After all his BS failed calls on short yardage this year you think maybe, just maybe he would finally hand the ball off to WM 3 times in an attempt to get the TD. If we fail, we settle for 3 and it takes the Phags 3 TDs and 3 two point conversions to win the game, which seems to me a much taller order than 3 TDs and 3 extra points for the win, not to mention a couple of runs at that point and there wouldn't have been 6 seconds remaining on the clock for the Phags to score that last TD (I know I'm being a total armchair QB w/ that comment, but... WTF!)

What a buffoon MM is for that call, hell, my wife figured out a FG in that situation would have pretty much sealed the win and she is a casual fan and lousy at math (English Major) to boot.

Still pissed in OH!

I guess the shock is starting to where off,  the more I think about that int at the goal line when up 23-3 the more pissed I get.

That play for me has me wishing MM is gone next year.  After all his BS failed calls on short yardage this year you think maybe, just maybe he would finally hand the ball off to WM 3 times in an attempt to get the TD.  If we fail, we settle for 3 and it takes the Phags 3 TDs and 3 two point conversions to win the game, which seems to me a much taller order than 3 TDs and 3 extra points for the win, not to mention a couple of runs at that point and there wouldn't have been 6 seconds remaining on the clock  for the Phags to score that last TD (I know I'm being a total armchair QB w/ that comment, but... WTF!)

What a buffoon MM is for that call,  hell,  my wife figured out a FG in that situation would have pretty much sealed the win and she is a casual fan and lousy at math (English Major) to boot.

Still pissed in OH!

522955[/snapback]

That is an excellent observation. Even though the Fins had been stuffing the run all day, the objective should have been running the ball to run time off the clock AND get the FG. A bonus would be to pick up the first down and eventually a TD, but the FG and time off the clock was huge at that point.