Miami's jail break blitz...just another bad

LabattBlue

In the 3rd and 4th quarters did it ever occur to the coaching staff, that it might be wise to run to the outside or call a roll-out pass play? Miami was coming like gangbusters right up the middle over and over again, yet MM continued to call running plays between the tackles and pocket pass plays. Does somebody need to tell them that we now have a QB who is capable of excelling in the roll-out passing game? WTF!

In the 3rd and 4th quarters did it ever occur to the coaching staff, that it might be wise to run to the outside or call a roll-out pass play?  Miami was coming like gangbusters right up the middle over and over again, yet MM continued to call running plays between the tackles and pocket pass plays.  Does somebody need to tell them that we now have a QB who is capable of excelling in the roll-out passing game? WTF!

521040[/snapback]

those plays weren't in the pre-game script. <_<

In the 3rd and 4th quarters did it ever occur to the coaching staff, that it might be wise to run to the outside or call a roll-out pass play?  Miami was coming like gangbusters right up the middle over and over again, yet MM continued to call running plays between the tackles and pocket pass plays.  Does somebody need to tell them that we now have a QB who is capable of excelling in the roll-out passing game? WTF!

521040[/snapback]

They kept running up the middle because the reports of Willis having "speed" have been over stated in my opinion. He is a young Eddie George, minus the heart.

They kept running up the middle because the reports of Willis having "speed" have been over stated in my opinion. He is a young Eddie George, minus the heart.

521198[/snapback]

I don't agree. He may not have the speed to break off 80 yard runs, but if he doesn't have the speed to turn the corner on a sweep or a pitch, he wouldn't be of much use to the Bills.

521040[/snapback]

Talked about this today with a guy at work. Miami was run blitzing like crazy, but the Bills never ran any quick slants or TE plays into the seams the blitzers were vacating. Strange, strange play calling....I wonder what input Wyche has from the pressbox, where he can see defensive formations better?

Talked about this today with a guy at work.  Miami was run blitzing like crazy, but the Bills never ran any quick slants or TE plays into the seams the blitzers were vacating.    Strange, strange play calling....I wonder what input Wyche has from the pressbox, where he can see defensive formations better?

521843[/snapback]

all the more reason to have your OC in the box so he can see what is happening on the field, as it happens.