Bills Secondary

Kipers Hair

I know Nate has said and done a lot of things to draw some of the harsh criticism directed at him recently, however, I would actually say that Nate is a victim of the defense being called by Gray...which he is forced to call.

The thing this defense is seriously lacking is a pash rush - especially up the gut. With the same talent, our secondary was a great one last year - minus Fat Pat - they have been ex[posed. You have to pressure the QB these days or you will be picked apart - even by a Sage Rosenfels. To compensate for the lack of a natural rush, (4 linemen), Grey is living, but more recently dying by the blitz. When you have to blitz as often as the bills do - you will get scorched - no matter if it's Clements, Bailey or whoever. A great pashrush can turn a Troy Brown into a nickle back. Our lack of a natural rush is going to cost Nate Clements a couple of million - which is a shame as he is better than most of you think...and we will miss him when he leaves for more money.

That said - paying Nate what he wants makes no sense unless the Bills invest in a big Tackle who can flush the Qb one way of the other and an end to compliment Schobel....

Now let's see what Modrak does with the money TD is saving for him to spend in free agency...

I know Nate has said and done a lot of things to draw some of the harsh criticism directed at him recently, however, I would actually say that Nate is a victim of the defense being called by Gray...which he is forced to call.

The thing this defense is seriously lacking is a pash rush - especially up the gut.  With the same talent, our secondary was a great one last year - minus Fat Pat - they have been ex[posed.  You have to pressure the QB these days or you will be picked apart - even by a Sage Rosenfels.  To compensate for the lack of a natural rush, (4 linemen), Grey is living, but more recently dying by the blitz.  When you have to blitz as often as the bills do - you will get scorched - no matter if it's Clements, Bailey or whoever.  A great pashrush can turn a Troy Brown into a nickle back.  Our lack of a natural rush is going to cost Nate Clements a couple of million - which is a shame as he is better than most of you think...and we will miss him when he leaves for more money. 

That said - paying Nate what he wants makes no sense unless the Bills invest in a big Tackle who can flush the Qb one way of the other and an end to compliment Schobel....

Now let's see what Modrak does with the money TD is saving for him to spend in free agency...

520930[/snapback]

I really don't think Tom Modrak will be running this team next Season (at least I hope he will not)...I just can't see how Cutting off the head and allowing the Right Hand to make the decisions is going to help this Franchise...And Folks are forgetting that Modrak has turned down numerous opportunities due to health concerns...I imagine if TD goes so will Modrak, and I'm completely happy if that is what happens...Believe this before you believe anything, there has not been a single decision TD has made concerning this Team on the Field that he has not consulted with Modrak about...nothing...Now, you still want Modrak in there as GM? I did not think so... :(

My apologies for going off topic here...

I really don't think Tom Modrak will be running this team next Season (at least I hope he will not)...I just can't see how Cutting off the head and allowing the Right Hand to make the decisions is going to help this Franchise...And Folks are forgetting that Modrak has turned down numerous opportunities due to health concerns...I imagine if TD goes so will Modrak, and I'm completely happy if that is what happens...Believe this before you believe anything, there has not been a single decision TD has made concerning this Team on the Field that he has not consulted with Modrak about...nothing...Now, you still want Modrak in there as GM? I did not think so... :(

My apologies for going off topic here...

520941[/snapback]

Not really familiar with modrak..just a name to replace the soon to be gone TD... Anyway - I will be happy when we just get the off season rolling...this season is lost to me and I have TD to thank for it. The only interest I have in the NFl now is will the Colts do the inprobable and knock the undefeated record off...