Taylor vs Hopkins

dpbillsfan

I'm going to head down to my favorite bar and watch the fight tonight. Taylor grew up and still lives about twenty minutes from where I live now (Near Little Rock). I hear he is a really cool guy, very down to earth , no big ego.

Taylor TKO in the 9th round.

Should be a great fight. I lost a lot of respect for Hopkins for all the crying he did after he lost the first one. Taylor does seem like a really good guy and he tore up Hopkins rightfully so. I agree- Taylor KOs Hopkins

I work at MGM, saw the weigh-in before the fight in July, it was pretty intense itself, even though they were only on stage for about 5 minutes. Been a big story locally here the last week or so, there's not much else going on sports-wise, except for the National Finals Rodeo at Thomas and Mack <_<

Should be a great fight, I think. Hopkins is the favorite in the books here, but don't count out Taylor's youth and fire.

Thought Taylor won, but not a very good fight. Both guys were just waiting for the other to make a mistake, neither were aggresive.

518992[/snapback]

Very similar to the last fight. Hopkins didn't do much for the first 6-7 rounds, and Taylor didn't do much more. When they did come together, it was usually Taylor who was moving in. Hopkins started to pick it up in rounds 8-12, but it was too little too late. I think Taylor earned the decision, as Hopkins' inactivity lasted two rounds too long at the beginning. Hopkins could've done more damage if he threw more than one punch at a time, but he was scared of catching a Taylor counterpunch. Overall, not a great fight, neither guy was overly impressive.