'George Dickel'

IndyMark

IIRC, you had mentioned that the best sippin Whisky was of the brand called 'George Dickel'. I was on my way to Tennessee to visit relatives and recalled that seemingly irrelevant information as I stopped at a liqour store to buy the hosts' a little something for their hospitality and chose a 1/5 of that.

Good call! First, they loved it and respected the fact I brought Tennessee whisky and NOT Kentucky - moreover, they like Dickel better than that 'other' Tennessee whisky (actually a lot of Tenneseans like Dickel better than the 'other - they do not even call it by name!).

Also, I really enjoyed it as well. It was smooth and not super sweet. Well done.

Thanks.

IIRC, you had mentioned that the best sippin Whisky was of the brand called 'George Dickel'.  I was on my way to Tennessee to visit relatives and recalled that seemingly irrelevant information as I stopped at a liqour store to buy the hosts' a little something for their hospitality and chose a 1/5 of that.

Good call!  First, they loved it and respected the fact I brought Tennessee whisky and NOT Kentucky - moreover, they like Dickel better than that 'other' Tennessee whisky (actually a lot of Tenneseans like Dickel better than the 'other - they do not even call it by name!).

Also, I really enjoyed it as well.  It was smooth and not super sweet.  Well done.

Thanks.

513329[/snapback]

He may be a lot of things, but the man does appreciate good booze.