Sabres Beat the Islanders in a Shootout...

Alaska Darin

Coming back from a two goal second period deficit.  NICE.  If the playoffs started today, we'd be in them - though we'd be looking at a series against Ottawa!

511616[/snapback]

Are the new rules facilitaing this type of thing? I swear it seems like every time I turn around someone is coming back in the third period to win the game this season.

Are the new rules facilitaing this type of thing? I swear it seems like every time I turn around someone is coming back in the third period to win the game this season.

511626[/snapback]

Absolutely. In the last 10 years, a two goal lead late in the second was almost a guaranteed 2 points because teams would start the trap and ride everyone to the boards the rest of the game. Now they can't do it without spending time in the box.

Absolutely.  In the last 10 years, a two goal lead late in the second was almost a guaranteed 2 points because teams would start the trap and ride everyone to the boards the rest of the game.  Now they can't do it without spending time in the box.

511631[/snapback]

Wow, You are actually upbeat about something. :doh:

Wow, You are actually upbeat about something. :doh:

511725[/snapback]

hockey is his thing, man... yeah, that was a great game. hopefully we can get dumont, briere and miller back ASAP. For as much as people rag on lindy ruff, the dude's a great playoff coach, and this is a playoff caliber team... ok, i'll try to keep my hockey talk on thesabresreport (which you all should do too) from now on!!