One way to force a change

Billsjunkie

Not saying that this would ever happen by no means but if it did I would laugh my butt off and I think it could be very effective.

Everyone is so pissed about the team right now and rightfully so. Were mad at management especially. I think everyone that has a ticket for this coming weeks game should just eat the cost and not show up. Like a Giant strike. Or maybe a Corporation would offer to buy everyones tickets back to give a big "FU" to Tom. That would be a very expensive "FU" but effective none the less. YOu think Ralph would get the point if we boycotted the game on Sunday?

Not saying that this would ever happen by no means but if it did I would laugh my butt off and I think it could be very effective.

Everyone is so pissed about the team right now and rightfully so. Were mad at management especially. I think everyone that has a ticket for this coming weeks game should just eat the cost and not show up. Like a Giant strike. Or maybe a Corporation would offer to buy everyones tickets back to give a big "FU" to Tom. That would be a very expensive "FU" but effective none the less. YOu think Ralph would get the point if we boycotted the game on Sunday?

510382[/snapback]

Can I still get drunk in the parking lot?

well it depends

is there 70 000 people on this message board that are all going to the game on sunday

510388[/snapback]

Its not going to happen I know. But I think it would be hilarous for the Bills to play in front of like 1,000 people and thats it. Just thinking about it makes me chuckle. Yes I'm sick in the head but something needs to make me smile today.

510382[/snapback]

That would be Ralph's first inkling that all is not well in the land of the buffaloes.

510382[/snapback]

Good idea! But first we need to practice...hmmmm, hey, how about you start by boycotting Bills message boards first?! :)

Its not going to happen I know. But I think it would be hilarous for the Bills to play in front of like 1,000 people and thats it. Just thinking about it makes me chuckle. Yes I'm sick in the head but something needs to make me smile today.

510391[/snapback]

well, its not the same situation but last year, during a soccer game a referee was hit in the head with a lighter thrown by a fan. the result, FIFA ordered us to play the remaining tournament games in front of an empty venue. I watched the highlights (since they didnt broadcast it in North America) and it really felt like a ghost town or a practice. As bad as the bills r playing, i dont know if they deserve that.

well, its not the same situation but last year, during a soccer game a referee was hit  in the head with a lighter thrown by a fan.  the result, FIFA ordered us to play the remaining tournament games in front of an empty venue.  I watched the highlights (since they didnt broadcast it in North America) and it really felt like a ghost town or a practice.  As bad as the bills r playing, i dont know if they deserve that.

510617[/snapback]

Maybe just show up with bags on our heads!

510382[/snapback]

Paper bags, signs, silly calls for holdouts, and idiotic petitions have all been done before. What would REALLY make an impact is if some hothead would light himself on fire on the field. Of course that would be hard to understand so he needs to get his fellow hotheads to join with him and spell out on the field his message (spelling counts) using human torches. Considering some of the hot air on the board you may not need to even need alcohol (except for flavor) but be able to do it with spontaneous combustion!

Everybody forget lesson from Marv Levy on listening to fans?

"If I start listening to them," Levy explained, "the next thing you know I'll be sitting among them."

Everybody forget lesson from Marv Levy on listening to fans?

"If I start listening to them," Levy explained, "the next thing you know I'll be sitting among them."

510727[/snapback]

But if none of the fans are in the stadium, because they're all boycotting... Then where would the coach be? :):);)

If this plan suceeds can you say Los Angeles Bills?

The NFL has this region in a position where like most fans we have no economic leverage when the team performs badly and maybe a little when an area like Cleveland gets royally screwed by Art Modell and the political leadership in the town proves willing to take on a large capital holder and beat them.

Beyond meaningless whining on radio stations like WGR or internet outlets like TSW which have little impact on the on the field game there are few outlets for fans and none that have a real impact.

It may be tough but such is life under the American wat if doing business.

If this plan suceeds can you say Los Angeles Bills?

The NFL has this region in a position where like most fans we have no economic leverage when the team performs badly and maybe a little when an area like Cleveland gets royally screwed by Art Modell and the political leadership in the town proves willing to take on a large capital holder and beat them.

Beyond meaningless whining on radio stations like WGR or internet outlets like TSW which have little impact on the on the field game there are few outlets for fans and none that have a real impact.

It may be tough but such is life under the American wat if doing business.

510742[/snapback]

As much as the NFL craves big market cities, don't the Buffalo Bills attract a large part of New York State as well as the entire Canadian market? This way the NFL gets a big market in Toronto without having to take the risk of moving a franchise there? Why would they remove Buffalo when it is one of the highest performers and has a long good standing history with the NFL?

Keep showing up and making your voices heard. There are people who listen. The NFL blundered with Cleveland. That should not have happened but it did. The Browns have great fans. As with the Sabres during their dive of a couple of weeks ago, it is important to show up and even more important to let your sentiments be known. As evidenced by this past Sunday, the Bills fans travel very well. NFL execs cannot miss this fact. A franchise like San Diego is dependent on opposing teams traveling well especially when the Chargers have their down years. One of the Bills greatest strengths is it's fans.

As much as the NFL craves big market cities, don't the Buffalo Bills attract a large part of New York State as well as the entire Canadian market? This way the NFL gets a big market in Toronto without having to take the risk of moving a franchise there?  Why would they remove Buffalo when it is one of the highest performers and has a long good standing history with the NFL?

510770[/snapback]

Bills are not a high performer. Remember, attendance does not translate to revenue on a one to one basis. Also, Buffalo being such a small TV market affects the TV deals as well. Canadian figures do not enter into the ratings.

510382[/snapback]

This reminds me of those dumb ass boycott schemes people come up with to not buy gas and "show" the oil companies.