Who's the best QB we've played in '05?

AKC

Here are the players who were quarterbacking in wins against the Bills this season. Who was the best among them?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the players who were quarterbacking in wins against the Bills this season. Who was the best among them?

• Brees- 149.1 rating-28/33 for 339 yards, 4 TDs 0 INTs
    • Collins- 113.4 rating-19/27 for 261 yards, 1 TD 0 INTs
    • Brady- 113.0 rating- 14/21 for 199 yards, 1 TD 0 INTs
    • Griese- 88.4 rating- 16/22 for 136 yards, 0 TDs 0 INTs
    • Vick- 83.4 rating- 15/27 for 167 yards, 2 TDs 1 INT
    • Brooks- 77.7 rating- 15/26 for 136 yards, 0 TDs 0 INTs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No mention of the missed block that caused the fumble? Maybe that play was all the QB's fault. Maybe that play was another sign TD should use yet more draft picks on QBs while ignoring the offensive line.

Yeah, the play call was great, and Holcomb was the only problem. Going into the New England game, Roscoe Parrish had as many NFL starts as Roscoe P. Coltrain, so why not make this 5'10" receiver the primary option? Why not use the one guy who could catch a pass in double coverage--Eric Moulds--as a decoy?

509599[/snapback]

In your quixotic quest to defend your boy Sparky, you negelcted to actually read the whole post that was actually ripping Brady's "performance" against the Bills.

My post had nothing to do with Sparky except for using the two crucial plays he was involved in that turned the game in the Pats favor, once again illustrating that the Great Brady actually had absolutely nothing to do with the Pats victory over our Squad.

The only people it possibly insults are Cowboys' QB Drew Bledsoe, or anyone foolish enough to assert that Brady has not played a huge role in turning the Patriots around.

509848[/snapback]

And it is only the truly foolish who continue to persist in this assertion that Brady was the answer for the turnaround, not the defense, not the coaching, not the gameplan, and certainly not the kicker who actually was more of an integral part of their "dynasty" than Mr. Mediocre.

The coaches leave, they take a huge hit on the defensive side of the ball, and what is Mr. Mediocre's record?

Well it's 6-4, say the Pats fans.

Once again, Mr. Mediocre benefits from a weak schedule:

The combined records of the teams they beat is 26-34. Four of those teams have losing records. The other two are Pitt (now 7-3, a legitimate win) and Atlanta (6-4) who they beat without Vick. Take away the records of those two teams and the combined record of the other four wins came against teams that are 13-27, hardly the toughest schedule of all time.

And who have they lost to, you ask? The combined records of the teams they lost to is 31-9.

So, once again, Mr. Mediocre's numbers are skewed in his favor due to the prevalence of crappy teams they've played, and he will continue to benfit from playing most of the remainder of his gamaes against the worst division in football.

But when faced with real adversity, and without the benefit of Charlie Weis and a top rated healthy defense, Brady is even less than mediocre, and hardly carrying his injury plagued team.

Mr. Fabulous is being exposed as the slightly better than mediocre QB those outside of New England and ESPN know he really is.

If I come to dinner at your house, as your guest, and wear an apron that says "Your Wife's Cooking Sucks", I won't expect to be treated very well nor will I expect to be invited back. In fact if she doesn't spit in my food you need to have a talk with her.

:devil::doh::lol:

It's in my sig.  63-18.  Amazingly enough, the last four years haven't been stricken from the record books.  Weird.

509922[/snapback]

You're only proving my point.

The coaches leave, they take a huge hit on the defensive side of the ball, and what is Mr. Mediocre's record?

Well it's 6-4...The combined records of the teams they beat is 26-34.

Without the help of a top rated defense and without the help of Charlie Weis, Wonderboy's numbers are pretty mediocre, wouldn't you say?

My post had nothing to do with Sparky except for using the two crucial plays he was involved in that turned the game in the Pats favor, once again illustrating that the Great Brady actually had absolutely nothing to do with the Pats victory over our Squad.

509890[/snapback]

And yet even under those circumstances you couldn't resist taking a cheap shot at Holcomb. :devil:

He's a regular poster here that contributes to the football talk. 

509688[/snapback]

Interesting that you would suggest this, so I checked it out. We'll ignore for the time being his title and sig line that you agree are insults the Bills- let me give you a breakdown in his 1660 posts of his "contributions"-

He's got a handful of PPP posts that are of no consequence

He has about 550 post proclaiming Bill Belichick to be god with no forces that can keep him from winning (even injuries ;-) plus his obilgatory anti-Bledsoe garbage.

The balance of his 1100 posts are repetitive proclamations that we as Bills fans simply don't understand that Tom Brady is the best QB who has ever sniffed another man's jockstrap. The odd thing is he hasn't been very succesful influencing anyone here since as the poll that begins this string indicates merely among the QBs we've played this year Bill's fans clearly aren't convinced that Brady is even the best QB we've played in 2005.

So his contributions frantically waving a Brady flag around here wherein his infallible object of desire is god. A record of contributions? Perhaps- on a par with the "contributions" of Lawrence Phillips to the Denver Broncos.

Interesting that you would suggest this, so I checked it out. We'll ignore for the time being his title and sig line that you agree are insults the Bills- let me give you a breakdown in his 1660 posts of his "contributions"-

He's got a handful of PPP posts that are of no consequence

He has about 550 post proclaiming Bill Belichick to be god with no forces that can keep him from winning (even injuries ;-) plus his obilgatory anti-Bledsoe garbage.

The balance of his 1100 posts are repetitive proclamations that we as Bills fans simply don't understand that Tom Brady is the best QB who has ever sniffed another man's jockstrap. The odd thing is he hasn't been very succesful influencing anyone here since as the poll that begins this string indicates merely among the QBs we've played this year Bill's fans clearly aren't convinced that Brady is even the best QB we've played in 2005.

So his contributions frantically waving a Brady flag around here wherein his infallible object of desire is god. A record of contributions? Perhaps- on a par with the "contributions" of Lawrence Phillips to the Denver Broncos.

510052[/snapback]

Someone has a little too much time on his hands, methinks :devil:

He has about 550 post proclaiming Bill Belichick to be god with no forces that can keep him from winning (even injuries ;-)

Most would agree that Belichick is a very good head coach, and more able to overcome adversity than most. Last year he won the Super Bowl with practically his whole starting secondary out with injury. It's annoying to hear this stuff from a Patriots fan, but I haven't seen posts where Hollywood is rubbing our noses in this stuff.

plus his obilgatory anti-Bledsoe garbage.

I'm sure he's the only person on this board who has something negative to say about Bledsoe. :devil:

The balance of his 1100 posts are repetitive proclamations that we as Bills fans simply don't understand that Tom Brady is the best QB who has ever sniffed another man's jockstrap.

Um, this comment in a thread in which Hollywood suggested Bulger was the best QB we faced all year?

The odd thing is he hasn't been very succesful influencing anyone here since as the poll that begins this string indicates merely among the QBs we've played this year Bill's fans clearly aren't convinced that Brady is even the best QB we've played in 2005.

About half the people who voted said Brady was the best QB we've faced this year. Comments like this make you seem biased, and draw into question your analysis of Hollywood's 1500 posts.

Of course, the fact you took the time to read through 1500 posts in the first place says that maybe you're taking this a little too seriously.

If you're going to accuse Hollywood of being a Belichick/Brady sycophant, your case would be stronger if you could provide links to his more egregious posts.