did the benching make JP better?

colin

seriously now.

i wanted jp to sit his jumpy ass down after Q1 against hotlanta.

holcomb played about as well as i expected, and i think we would have won atlanta and NO if he started for us.

anyhow, i think jp should start now because he snapped out of his funk and realised he needs to do what he does best.

today we had some horrible play calling, not once did i see a play fake or a pass agsint a run D or vice versa. the gadget plays that our coaches run to feel like steven hawkings wouldn't be any less effective if they were run by steven hawkings.

we also had nothing going on the ground, yet JP came out and made about 5 game changing plays.

i honestly think he clued in while on the bench that he could lose his spot to a guy playing OK unless he gets some stuff done, and he came out and did it today.

i expect us to be effective if we mix it up on O, run well, run play action, and run JP about 6-12 times a game.

i think if JP can make about 7 yards a run his legs are a nice substitute for the effective short pass game from holcomb, and he is miles better at avoiding hits, protecting the football, and throwing deep.

he also has a strong enough arm that he might cripple tom clements on the sideline with an "errant" throw and instantly upgrade our entire O

seriously now.

i wanted jp to sit his jumpy ass down after Q1 against hotlanta.

holcomb played about as well as i expected, and i think we would have won atlanta and NO if he started for us.

anyhow, i think jp should start now because he snapped out of his funk and realised he needs to do what he does best.

today we had some horrible play calling, not once did i see a play fake or a pass agsint a run D or vice versa.  the gadget plays that our coaches run to feel like  steven hawkings wouldn't be any less effective if they were run by steven hawkings.

we also had nothing going on the ground, yet JP came out and made about 5 game changing plays.

i honestly think he clued in while on the bench that he could lose his spot to a guy playing OK unless he gets some stuff done, and he came out and did it today.

i expect us to be effective if we mix it up on O, run well, run play action, and run JP about 6-12 times a game.

i think if JP can make about 7 yards a run his legs are a nice substitute for the effective short pass game from holcomb, and he is miles better at avoiding hits, protecting the football, and throwing deep.

he also has a strong enough arm that he might cripple tom clements on the sideline with an "errant" throw and instantly upgrade our entire O

502051[/snapback]

hard to say you wouldn't have seen that in the 4th quarter of the saint, or by the 4th of the dolphins game

he has got a rocket, that's for sure

seriously now.

502051[/snapback]

LOL! Also he might try the send-out-Tom's-resume-to-every-college-hc-opening-in-America ploy.

i think tom clements might be on some kind of secret brewster's millions mission.

he might have to run 1000 terrible gadget plays while still not losing his job to get his final payoff of a rubber spine transfusion so he can actually cram his head up his own ass. right now he can only do so figuratively and it is just eating him up inside.

Guest BackInDaDay
i think tom clements might be on some kind of secret brewster's millions mission.

he might have to run 1000 terrible gadget plays while still not losing his job to get his final payoff of a rubber spine transfusion so he can actually cram his head up his own ass.  right now he can only do so figuratively and it is just eating him up inside.

502089[/snapback]

Interesting theory. Keep digging.

Guest BackInDaDay
huh?

i don't get that, are you a tom clements fan?

502102[/snapback]

Not particularly, I was just responding to your take on what's motivating him. You may be on to something.

Not particularly, I was just responding to your take on what's motivating him.  You may be on to something.

502107[/snapback]

damn!!!

i figured as much, but was aiming to fish out a tom clements fan (i swear there is one on another board).

this dude on this other board is also a HUGE kelly holcomb fan. no he isn't "Dawgged", but yes he might be drunk (always).