Which Personnel move most defines 2005?

AKC

Which of these moves had the most dramatic effect on our 2005 season?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these moves had the most dramatic effect on our 2005 season?

• Decision to start J.P. Losman at Quarterback
    • PWillliams leaving in FreeAgency without a viable replacement
    • Allowing Jonas Jennings to leave as a Free Agent
    • Signing Bennie Anderson to start at Left Guard
    • Signing Mike Gandy to start at LT
    • Using our first pick in the draft for a WR
    • Failure to bring in a Vet TE

I'm not quite so quick to absolve McNally.    He had a reputation with the Giants of eschewing highly-rated linemen, and preferring instead to work with "his guys" - UDFA's and low draft picks.    Of course, this is a great shtick if you can pull it off - if the offensive line is anywhere's decent you look like a genius, and if the offensive line stinks, you can wash your hands of it due to the lack of talent....

JDG

488205[/snapback]

OK, but are you suggesting that TD would have walked away from the injured TE and the injured midget that he drafted at the request of Coach McNally? I highly doubt it.......how about you?

The superbowl giants had Lomas Brown at LT and he was about 90. Kerry Collins, a guy who needs a ton of time, was the QB. Wasn't an aged Glenn Parker on that team?

They were made to order for the Ravens mind you, but they DID reach the superbowl.

Look at the decrease in sacks last season. This happened for a reason (well 2, if you count the benching of Henry).

McNally is better than any OL coach that the Bills have had in my memory.

Oh and John, let me say again that it is great to have you back.

OK, but are you suggesting that TD would have walked away from the injured TE and the injured midget that he drafted at the request of Coach McNally? I highly doubt it.......how about you?

488212[/snapback]

Why is it that 'midget' comes out of certain peoples mouths anytime they can say it. Is it a compensentation thing?

Thanks for an absolutely great post. I agree 100% about McNally. He is a fine coach who is asked to do WAY too much with far too little.

AKC  described the situation perfectly......TD has built a fantasy football team, but he has done so on a crumbling foundation with players who are often injured and don't even score a whole hell of a lot to boot.

488198[/snapback]

Thanks for the compliment. As for McNally, I remember that when we had other offensive line coaches, you'd see an offensive lineman do poorly in Buffalo only to later find success elsewhere. I haven't heard of an offensive lineman playing poorly for McNally only to later do well.

O.k. good point - but how about McNally turning Donahoe away from the likes of LJ Shelton and Ross Verba. *That* I can believe.

JDG