Was last year some kind of mirage?

Last year we started 0-4, everyone thought all was lost, and we end up going 9-3 in our last 12 games. We even started rolling over people on the ROAD! Was that some kind of cruel hoax?

I just have to wonder, if that same exact team were playing as Bills this year (w no injuries), what would our record be right now?

Were we a good team that since has started to fall apart, or were we mediocre even then, w a soft schedule and some lucky breaks (i.e turnovers)?

Just trying to sort out the reality here...

Last year we started 0-4, everyone thought all was lost, and we end up going 9-3 in our last 12 games.  We even started rolling over people on the ROAD!  Was that some kind of cruel hoax?

I just have to wonder, if that same exact team were playing as Bills this year (w no injuries), what would our record be right now? 

Were we a good team that since has started to fall apart, or were we mediocre even then, w a soft schedule and some lucky breaks (i.e turnovers)?

484053[/snapback]

everyone will say we played a weak schedule <_<

Last year we started 0-4, everyone thought all was lost, and we end up going 9-3 in our last 12 games.   We even started rolling over people on the ROAD!  Was that some kind of cruel hoax?

484053[/snapback]

2004 Schedule, 2004 Schedule, 2004 Schedule. And then a GM that had the vision to say a 9-7 team that played a soft schedule, could lose a good DT, it's best O-lineman, and start a rookie QB without signing any significant help. Great plan.

How long does TD get?

Defense was more consistent

Special teams played out of their heads

Drew was allowed to throw the ball farther than 15 yards down field

The o-line with Ross Tucker at center and JJ at LT was better.

Willis gave the o a much needed boost

And yes, we played a weaker schedule (NFC West vs. NFC South anyone?)