Screen Against the Jets

Keuka

I can't remember the last time I saw the Bills run a successful screen play. Kelly Holcomb nailed the Jets with a beautiful screen pass to Willis. The line set it up perfectly. Willis made the catch and turned it up field for a nice gain.

Bledsoe couldn't make that play. J.P. was too busy wetting his pants to complete any pass. Kelly Holcomb made it look as easy as getting out of bed. That is the kind of play that will keep defenses honest. One more game like the last two I will become a huge Kelly Holcomb fan.

I can't remember the last time I saw the Bills run a successful screen play. Kelly Holcomb nailed the Jets with a beautiful screen pass to Willis. The line set it up perfectly. Willis made the catch and turned it up field for a nice gain.

Bledsoe couldn't make that play. J.P. was too busy wetting his pants to complete any pass.  Kelly Holcomb made it look as easy as getting out of bed. That is the kind of play that will keep defenses honest. One more game like the last two I will become a huge Kelly Holcomb fan.

482631[/snapback]

It was a great play--but if Willis cuts inside of Gandy and Anderson its 6 points instead of just a 13 yard gain. To truly be the defining RB of the NFL :doh: -- he makes that move instead of allowing Ty Law to tackle him.

Bledsoe couldn't make that play

Not to threadcrap, but Bledsoe has been making those plays all year in Dallas.

That said, I don't understand why we've rarely run screen plays (or draws, for that matter) since the Kelly/Thomas/Reed years.

CW