Holcomb underrated?

Tcali

I am not sure. But I think alot of people are writing this guy off as a journeyman/mediocre QB too quickly. Remember the team that he labored for in his prime years.They were god awful.--Name another QB on THAT team who did anything(I know--not proof that Holcomb is good -but makes you think).

I can't help but think of Rich Gannon--written off as a journeyman/avg QB until he was OLDER than Holcomb is right now.--I always liked him as a QB..but he never seemed to get a solid chance and was playing on some pretty AVG teams.-I know--he was a great athlete and Holcomb is not..-but every time I saw Holcomb play I was either very impressed---or I remarked to myself that THIS IS NOT HIS FAULT.

All I can say is RUN RUN RUN RUN..open it up with some passes..RUN RUN RUN....Keep the D off of Holcomb and wear them down.

I am not sure. But I think alot of people are writing this guy off as a journeyman/mediocre QB too quickly. Remember the team that he labored for in his prime years.They were god awful.--Name another QB on THAT team who did anything(I know--not proof that Holcomb is good -but makes you think).

I can't help but think of Rich Gannon--written off as a journeyman/avg QB until he was OLDER than Holcomb is right now.--I always liked him as a QB..but he never seemed to get a solid chance and was playing on some pretty AVG teams.-I know--he was a great athlete and Holcomb is not..-but every time I saw Holcomb play I was either very impressed---or I remarked to myself that THIS IS NOT HIS FAULT.

All I can say is RUN RUN RUN RUN..open it up with some passes..RUN RUN RUN....Keep the D off of Holcomb and wear them down.

469107[/snapback]

I was a fan of Gannon, too....good post. I hope that your comparison ends up being completely valid. I've only seen two of Kelly's starts, and I honestly don't remember much about them.

By the way, if they come out and run willis all over the place, part of my is going to be pissed....not becaue I don't think that's the wrong strategy, cause I absolutely DO think that's the way to go. But being that they didn't do that when JP was in there, they better have their eyes set on opening up our passing game downfield....otherwise this move makes little sense.