Trade possibility question

VABills

Is there any solid DT's who are solid run stoppers/hole pluggers available? If Edwards is hurt, and even if healthy, this one small position is causing major "alignment" issues on our defense. With Crowell and Stamer getting plenty of reps, we need the front 4 to keep the oppossing oline off our tacklers. This small change will allow Milloy and Voncent to not have to run blitz on every play and make the defense a little less predictable?

Anyone know if there is a stopgap FA DT or a DT that is available in trade?

I read this on Pro football talk.

On the other side of the ball, word around the league is that the Bills sorely miss defensive tackle Pat Williams, who left for Minnesota after the 2004 season. Look for the Bills to explore seriously the possibility of making a deal for a defensive tackle before the coming October 18 trade deadline.

With the Packers falling off of the map in the NFC North, Grady Jackson could be a possibility for Buffalo. Jackson's contract expires after the 2005 season, and it's highly unlikely that he'll return to Green Bay next season.

On the other side of the ball, word around the league is that the Bills sorely miss defensive tackle Pat Williams, who left for Minnesota after the 2004 season.  Look for the Bills to explore seriously the possibility of making a deal for a defensive tackle before the coming October 18 trade deadline.

With the Packers falling off of the map in the NFC North, Grady Jackson could be a possibility for Buffalo.  Jackson's contract expires after the 2005 season, and it's highly unlikely that he'll return to Green Bay next season.

467334[/snapback]

Is Jackson a run stopper?

Is there any solid DT's who are solid run stoppers/hole pluggers available?  If Edwards is hurt, and even if healthy, this one small position is causing major "alignment" issues on our defense.  With Crowell and Stamer getting plenty of reps, we need the front 4 to keep the oppossing oline off our tacklers.  This small change will allow Milloy and Voncent to not have to run blitz on every play and make the defense a little less predictable? 

Anyone know if there is a stopgap FA DT or a DT that is available in trade?

467320[/snapback]

We'll be facing Keith Traylor this week, a guy who was available during the off-season. And of course Cory Simon being added to the rotation in Indy certainly didn't hurt them.

I don't know if Grady has 15-20 good downs in him a game anymore. He hasn't been able to finish a season healthy since 2001. Maybe in a limited role he could survive, but we're awful static with our situation packages and he'd probably have to play too much for us.

Is Jackson a run stopper?

467338[/snapback]

DUDE are you kidding me or what????? GREEN BAY CAN WIN THAT DIVISION WITH A 6 AND 10 RECORD AND BRETT FAVRE .......... fallen off the map HARDLY 1 game out of first isn't falling off the map in the NFC North........

DUDE are you kidding me or what????? GREEN BAY CAN WIN THAT DIVISION WITH A 6 AND 10 RECORD AND BRETT FAVRE .......... fallen off  the map HARDLY 1 game out of first isn't falling off the map in the NFC North........

467388[/snapback]

One game out of first at 0-4. Man, that whole division makes me feel better about the Bills...

On the other side of the ball, word around the league is that the Bills sorely miss defensive tackle Pat Williams, who left for Minnesota after the 2004 season. Look for the Bills to explore seriously the possibility of making a deal for a defensive tackle before the coming October 18 trade deadline.

God, I love telling folks "I told you so". Way before training camp I posted my concern, not so much that we lost Pat to free agency, but that his shoes were no where near adequately filled. Adams is only a stud when there's another stud next to him. That's a fact that's been proven. Without Randall in Seattle, Siragusa in Baltimore, and without Williams in Buffalo, Sam is a nonfactor. So, if Tom let Pat walk and had no itentions of adequately back filling, then he should have cut Sam Adams at the same time. Because, essentially, the result in the defense's performance is relatively the same. They are bad, period.

God, I love telling folks "I told you so".  Way before training camp I posted my concern, not so much that we lost Pat to free agency, but that his shoes were no where near adequately filled.  Adams is only a stud when there's another stud next to him.  That's a fact that's been proven.  Without Randall in Seattle,  Siragusa in Baltimore, and without Williams in Buffalo, Sam is a nonfactor.  So, if Tom let Pat walk and had no itentions of adequately back filling, then he should have cut Sam Adams at the same time.  Because, essentially, the result in the defense's performance is relatively the same.  They are bad, period.

467438[/snapback]

Based on your post Adams is not now or ever will be a STUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God, I love telling folks "I told you so".  Way before training camp I posted my concern, not so much that we lost Pat to free agency, but that his shoes were no where near adequately filled.  Adams is only a stud when there's another stud next to him.  That's a fact that's been proven.  Without Randall in Seattle,  Siragusa in Baltimore, and without Williams in Buffalo, Sam is a nonfactor.  So, if Tom let Pat walk and had no itentions of adequately back filling, then he should have cut Sam Adams at the same time.  Because, essentially, the result in the defense's performance is relatively the same.  They are bad, period.

467438[/snapback]

I wouldn't say Sam is a non-factor. He's defeintely giving it his all but there's no one next to him that going to do what Pat did for us last year, not yet anyway.

467438[/snapback]

should have draftd Vince Wilfork

Based on your post Adams is not now or ever will be a STUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that's pretty accurate. Sam Adams without a stud next to him is like an oreo cookie without the middle. And, we all know that you don't fiddle....