Last year, MM sticks with the plan and wins.

All the respect he built up last year when he told RW to (respectfully) STFU when things didn't start out very well... it's all gone.

This is an admission that he didn't know what he was doing when developing the plan, which is bad, or that he has now turned into a cut-and-run artist w/o a spine, which is worse. If there's something the organization needs, it is stability and knowing what course the ship is sailing. We were expecting a letdown while JP was developing, but we got that he was developing. Now MM is chasing the wind and you don't get to your destination any faster that way, only at the end you have no idea how to make things go your way.

All the respect he built up last year when he told RW to (respectfully) STFU when things didn't start out very well... it's all gone.

This is an admission that he didn't know what he was doing when developing the plan, which is bad, or that he has now turned into a cut-and-run artist w/o a spine, which is worse. If there's something the organization needs, it is stability and knowing what course the ship is sailing. We were expecting a letdown while JP was developing, but we got that he was developing. Now MM is chasing the wind and you don't get to your destination any faster that way.

467279[/snapback]

The argument that you make that what this organization needs is stability and therefore what we need to do is abandon the plan and make massive changes is simply contradictory.

The argument that you make that what this organization needs is stability and therefore what we need to do is abandon the plan and make massive changes is simply contradictory.

467287[/snapback]

Of course, it changes things a little when you note that I am NOT advocating that he abandon the plan of starting JP.

MM's letting the pressure get to him this year. I don't know if the leash was shortened in the offseason in a "you may not be working here anymore" way, but he's caving. He's going to lose control if it keeps going this way, and it's not going to be pretty.

At least the rumored fight in the locker room and Rueben's outburst against GW happened in the last game of the season. We're only 4 games thru and the wheels are in motion.

This is an admission that he didn't know what he was doing when developing the plan, which is bad, or that he has now turned into a cut-and-run artist w/o a spine, which is worse. If there's something the organization needs, it is stability and knowing what course the ship is sailing. We were expecting a letdown while JP was developing, but we got that he was developing. Now MM is chasing the wind and you don't get to your destination any faster that way.

467279[/snapback]

I think he knew what he was doing last year. He stayed the course because he had no option - Shane Matthews wasn't an upgrade and JP was hurt (thanks Troy Vincent :D ). Travis goes down and it's Willis time. I think circumstance guided his hand last year.

Fast forward to this year and everyone is talking how JP is just going to have to be a caretaker and we'll be fine. Unfortunately we lose our biggest playmaker on D, the new offensive line is a step back from last year's and our coaching staff is not putting their players in a position to succeed. Mularkey needs to step up big time before he loses this team.

I think he knew what he was doing last year. He stayed the course because he had no option - Shane Matthews wasn't an upgrade and JP was hurt (thanks Troy Vincent  :D ). Travis goes down and it's Willis time. I think circumstance guided his hand last year.

467304[/snapback]

Well said. I agree. There was no plan B last year. He had to stay the course.

This year, they knew we would struggle some with JP, and I think they planned on going back and forth a few times if necessary. Hopefully JP learns his lesson and comes back pissed off and ready to WIN.....

I think he knew what he was doing last year. He stayed the course because he had no option - Shane Matthews wasn't an upgrade and JP was hurt (thanks Troy Vincent  :D ). Travis goes down and it's Willis time. I think circumstance guided his hand last year.

Fast forward to this year and everyone is talking how JP is just going to have to be a caretaker and we'll be fine. Unfortunately we lose our biggest playmaker on D, the new offensive line is a step back from last year's and our coaching staff is not putting their players in a position to succeed.  Mularkey needs to step up big time before he loses this team.

467304[/snapback]

Every team loses a play maker or two.... coach around it .....this franchise operates by licking their collective fingers placing them in the air and then making a move ala bledso ala rj ala start jp ala kh ala flutie ala ala ala and wilson is the biggest finger licker on the planet ...........

WHICH WAY IS THE WIND BLOWING TODAY ,,,,,I'VE LICKED MY FINGER AND LETS SEE ITS BLOWING SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!