Gallery to start....

USMCBillsFan

Per TBD Gallery will start Sunday. Is this a good thing or bad? He's a rookie so he's still growing in the league but damn he's a freak!!

33407[/snapback]

Its Bad for the Bills. First half steelers were getting alot of pressure on gannon but once gallery came he the whole line play seem to go up another level. Also Steelers blitzes were sucessful in the first half and Rt langston Walker was the biggest culprit. It used to be your played your best run blocker at RT(was Massive player) But teams have combated this but putting more athlethic De at LDE. Now Raiders have two LT playiing tackle and should be a way better matchup against new breed of Lde.

I'm sure he'll make a few mistakes.  He should probably be compared to an average veteran right now.  But he will become over time a great one.

33511[/snapback]

No if your expecting average performance your going to be dissapointed. R gallery is the real deal and I don't care where he has played on Ol, he has looked great. IF I was the coach this would be my oline. LT B sims , LG F Middleton c J Grove RG Langston Walker 6'8 350 and Rt Robert gallery 6'7 325-330. Both Langston Walker and Gallery are very athlethic and terrifi9c spped for guys that size.

Its Bad for the Bills.  First half steelers were getting alot of pressure on gannon but once gallery came he the whole line play seem to go up another level.    Also Steelers blitzes were sucessful in the first half and Rt langston Walker was the biggest culprit.          It used to be your played your best run blocker at RT(was Massive player)  But teams have combated this but putting more athlethic De at LDE.    Now Raiders have two LT playiing tackle and should be a way better matchup against new breed of Lde.

34545[/snapback]

According to this article ( http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/OAK/7687820), Gallery entered the Steelers game at RT "late in the 1st half," which I assume to mean the 2nd-to-last drive which was a 2-play drive for a TD (while the last drive was a 1 play run to end the half), and played there the entire 3rd quarter, during which they scored 3 points. He was then moved to LG for the 4th quarter, during which time they scored 11 points. Now I don't know if you could realistically credit his play at RT for that (really a 1 pass play) TD drive, but in a full quarter with Gallery at RT, the Raiders scored a whole 3 points, yet scored 11 when he played LG in the 4th quarter. Moreover he couldn't outright win a starting OT job in training camp and is basically being made a starter because Walker sucked so bad. Now that's not to say he won't be a stud OL, but he's probably not there yet and to say it's bad for the Bills to see him starting probably isn't true. But then again, that's why they play the games.

According to this article ( http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/OAK/7687820), Gallery entered the Steelers game at RT "late in the 1st half," which I assume to mean the 2nd-to-last drive which was a 2-play drive for a TD (while the last drive was a 1 play run to end the half), and played there the entire 3rd quarter, during which they scored 3 points.  He was then moved to LG for the 4th quarter, during which time they scored 11 points.  Now I don't know if you could realistically credit his play at RT for that (really a 1 pass play) TD drive, but in a full quarter with Gallery at RT, the Raiders scored a whole 3 points, yet scored 11 when he played LG in the 4th quarter.  Moreover he couldn't outright win a starting OT job in training camp and is basically being made a starter because Walker sucked so bad.  Now that's not to say he won't be a stud OL, but he's probably not there yet and to say it's bad for the Bills to see him starting probably isn't true.  But then again, that's why they play the games.

34559[/snapback]

Stats are misleading because Gannon had alot of time to throw ball in second half. Gannon was just off on some of his passes .(you don't complete the passes and it going to reflect in stats.(dosen't mean protection wasn't very good.

Like I said Gallery not being made a starter in training camp, didn't have anything to do wioth his performance on football field.. Everytime he played , he was very impressive no matter where he lined up. Langston Walker does not suck , hes a very talented Olineman that had one very bad game against steelers. He definte

ly going to be one of Raiders coernerstones on Oline. LT Robert gallery C J Grove and Rt Langston Walker all are 24 and under.

Again I say its a bad thing that Gallery starting for Bills and I guess his play will speak for itself.

No if your expecting average performance your going to be dissapointed.    R gallery is the real deal and I don't care where he has played on Ol, he has looked great.        IF I was the coach this would be my oline.    LT B sims , LG F Middleton c J Grove  RG Langston Walker 6'8 350  and Rt Robert gallery 6'7 325-330.  Both Langston Walker and Gallery are very athlethic and terrifi9c spped for guys that size.

34549[/snapback]

He might be a stud but he is STILL just a rookie making his first NFL start.....

He is going to make mistakes just like every rookie does.....

The good news for him is that Denny starts this game instead of Kelsay.....who really should be the perm starter

Here is a quote from a Raiders fan board - this fan is convinced Gallery was a major positive when he came in. He may be biased, but he also follows the Raiders more closely than anyone here:

Now about your comment regarding our O. I disagree with you that it will be a repeat of our performance last week. If you did in fact watch parts of our game last week, you will notice one major thing right off the bat. Gallery didn't play most of the first half. That is when our OL was shaky and obviously not functioning as a cohesive unit. The PITT defenders were able to penetrate our line at will. Whereas, Gannon was scrambling for his life. And if I am not mistaken, that is when most of his fumbles and at least one of his INT's occurred. Then Gallery enters the game. Almost immediately, his presence is felt. The PITT pass rush dwindled to almost nothing and holes opened up for our RB's. Now keep in mind, that is when this unproven rookie entered the lineup. That is also when our "O" began scoring points and were able to at least stay within striking distance of PITT. My point is, Gallery will be starting this week. Instant presence/impact. Not to mention, our OL has had 1 game of real-time experience to build on. Last week should be the foundation of what I hope will be a solid and cohesive unit this season. Furthermore, Gannon will be a key to our "O's" success this weekend. Although he is still not a threat to run for good yardage, Gannon has been more mobile thus far. Meaning, he has been avoiding what look to be obvious sacks with more efficiency. Add in his apparent willingness to throw deep (well, within reason) and his use of the Shotgun (rarely, but still available), and it should be very interesting this Sunday

The cureent Raiders depth chart has Gallery at back up left tackle, but he will be starting at right tackle. Here is an article from Oakland paper:

http://www.oaklandtribune.com/Stories/0,14...2407969,00.html

sounds like some tension on the line.