What's with our tight ends?

bflo83

Wasn't Mularkey a tight end once? You would think he'd be a little more conscious of the importance of a tight end in the development of a young qb. Through four games our tight ends have totalled three receptions for a whopping 18 yards and no tds. (Jason Peters one yard td reception doesn't count - he was tackle eligible on that play)

I know the braintrust has been utilizing the TE for blocking a lot more this year but come on already! Mark Campbell is disappointing. I wish they had made a run at Marcus Pollard in the offseason but the way the OC is game planning that probably wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Wasn't Mularkey a tight end once? You would think he'd be a little more conscious of the importance of a tight end in the development of a young qb. Through four games our tight ends have totalled three receptions for a whopping 18 yards and no tds. (Jason Peters one yard td reception doesn't count - he was tackle eligible on that play)

I know the braintrust has been utilizing the TE for blocking a lot more this year but come on already! Mark Campbell is disappointing. I wish they had made a run at Marcus Pollard in the offseason but the way the OC is game planning that probably wouldn't have mattered anyway.

463477[/snapback]

Do we have any tight-ends?

We have tight ends?

463482[/snapback]

Of course we do. One of them took a penalty that negated Freddie Smith's punt return and, since that wasn't enough, fell down in front of McGee and tripped him up at the end of his big kickoff return.

That was the sum total of Mark Campbell's contributions yesterday, folks.

Of course we do.  One of them took a penalty that negated Freddie Smith's punt return and, since that wasn't enough, fell down in front of McGee and tripped him up at the end of his big kickoff return.

463512[/snapback]

So it's safe to say that Campbell's sterling play yesterday has outweighed his production this year - what a nightmare.

Of course we do.  One of them took a penalty that negated Freddie Smith's punt return and, since that wasn't enough, fell down in front of McGee and tripped him up at the end of his big kickoff return.

463512[/snapback]

:):lol::blink:

463512[/snapback]

Well, at least he managed to do all that without hurting himself... :blink: