think about this..o line cant be the problem

Johnny

in 6 consecutive games last year the Bills scored 33 points or more, 4 of those were on the road, and all 6 were against nfl teams.......whats the biggest change? Is your OL that much different? your qb certainly is not the same, sure the defense isnt history's best but it is adequate

the only cardinal sin made to this point is pulling your qb in a one posession game in the final quarter, maybe he doesnt get it done but if he does he gains alot, maybe he comes close then he still gains alot.......obviously a head coach decision that says we dont think you can do it

Lets see...

Jonas Jennings is gone and replaces by Mike Gandy (Still not sure which is the lesser of two evils.)

Bennie Anderson is the starting left guard instead of Tucker, Pukecillo, and Lawrence Smith.

Mike Williams is hurt and Greg Jerman has been replacing him...

but other than that, no there have been no changes to the offensive line.

Lets see...

Jonas Jennings is gone and replaces by Mike Gandy (Still not sure which is the lesser of two evils.) 

Bennie Anderson is the starting left guard instead of Tucker, Pukecillo, and Lawrence Smith.

Mike Williams is hurt and Greg Jerman has been replacing him...

but other than that, no there have been no changes to the offensive line.

462564[/snapback]

Add to those facts the fact that we are not playing the fearsome defenses of the 49ers, Arizona, and Seattle like we did last year...

The O-Line blows regardless of who we put under center. I wonder if Villarial and Williams feel guilty when they are picking up their checks. Villarial was supposed to be this road-grader from Chicago with a mean streak, instead we have an over-paid veteran getting out-played by a rookie. Then there is Williams - he's hurt, but he is also a 4th round draft pick that has yet to show why we went so high to take him.

Then there is Trey - a tackle that is does not have the strength to hold up at center.

Don't get me started on the left side of the line. Gandy has been a bit of a surprise, I thought that he would have gotten schooled earlier this year. He didn't have a good game this time out. He and Bennie seem to get lost on their blocking assignments whenever anyone throws a line stunt at them.

And for an offensive line that was conceived (we were told) to support a power-running offense, why can't we get a push from these guys when we need a few inches?

Add to those facts the fact that we are not playing the fearsome defenses of the 49ers, Arizona, and Seattle like we did last year...

The O-Line blows regardless of who we put under center. I wonder if Villarial and Williams feel guilty when they are picking up their checks. Villarial was supposed to be this road-grader from Chicago with a mean streak, instead we have an over-paid veteran getting out-played by a rookie. Then there is Williams - he's hurt, but he is also a 4th round draft pick that has yet to show why we went so high to take him.

Then there is Trey - a tackle that is does not have the strength to hold up at center.

Don't get me started on the left side of the line. Gandy has been a bit of a surprise, I thought that he would have gotten schooled earlier this year. He didn't have a good game this time out. He and Bennie seem to get lost on their blocking assignments whenever anyone throws a line stunt at them.

And for an offensive line that was conceived (we were told) to support a power-running offense, why can't we get a push from these guys when we need a few inches?

462570[/snapback]

you cant get a few inches cause everyone knows whats coming.....JP does not scare anyone and wont for a long time the way he's being handled.........one good drive opened that game and one good one at the end would have won it, but you concede it with the qb change.............Id rather they handle him like Chicago is Orton, let him fire away and call em deep enough to equal half of one of moormans stellar kicks..........difference between this year and last year was first the emergence of mcgahee then Drews ability to burn defenses if they keyed run.......the 49ers arizona and Seattle all play in the NFL and one of them was a playoff team.........now tell me New Orleans defense is that much better............everyone of those afore mentioned offensive lineman is a pro and mcgahee is getting how many yards per carry?? that game could have went a long way to JP's progression but instead probably set him back

everyone of those afore mentioned offensive lineman is a pro

462574[/snapback]

So you are telling me there is no difference between Orlando Pace and Justin Geisinger? They are both pros but that still doesnt mean they are on the same level and capable of the same caliber of play

So you are telling me there is no difference between Orlando Pace and Justin Geisinger?  They are both pros but that still doesnt mean they are on the same level and capable of the same caliber of play

462575[/snapback]

you chose to mention the best left tackle since anthony munoz

how bout jonas jennings and orlando....difference?

Ok, so Jonas Jennings and Orlando Pace are of the same caliber??? I think not. I was never impressed byJennings while he was in Buffalo, and I'm less than impressed by Mike Gandy so far. But if I had to pick one I'd take Gandy because Jennings demanded a salary that was far above any he displayed on the field. The only thing wrong with letting Jonas go was not spending the money saved to make improvements.

I do agree though that McGahee will continue to struggle until we can throw the ball and make the defense respect the pass. You cant run draws all day on defenses expecting the run. Sure JP threw a pick today on an overthrown pass, but how many chances this season has he gotten to throw the ball beyond 8 yards? Not many. Let him throw downfield and make the defenses have to respect the passing game a little bit or continue to play nothing but small ball and continually go 3 and out.

Ok, so Jonas Jennings and Orlando Pace are of the same caliber??? I think not.  I was never impressed byJennings while he was in Buffalo, and I'm less than impressed by Mike Gandy so far.  But if I had to pick one I'd take Gandy because Jennings demanded a salary that was far above any he displayed on the field.  The only thing wrong with letting Jonas go was not spending the money saved to make improvements.

I do agree though that McGahee will continue to struggle until we can throw the ball and make the defense respect the pass.  You cant run draws all day on defenses expecting the run.  Sure JP threw a pick today on an overthrown pass, but how many chances this season has he gotten to throw the ball beyond 8 yards?  Not many.  Let him throw downfield and make the defenses have to respect the passing game a little bit or continue to play nothing but small ball and continually go 3 and out.

462577[/snapback]

you just said the same thing i did........jennings doesnt come close to the ability of Pace but everyone on this line isnt far off of what put up more than 30 a game 6 straight times last season.......