How much faith?

Frez

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just question people who almost seem GLAD when the Bills have a tough time of things. I also think it's pretty ridiculous to make some of the statements you do given the fact that we are three games into the season with a new QB. I think maybe it's the fact that you say you've only been a fan since 1989. Even though I became a fan only about five years earlier than you, I latched on to the Bills when they still sucked. I remember the guy on the Wease show mocking the Bills every Monday as I sat on the bus to school. I don't think a "real" fan needs to be positive all the time, but I DO think a real fan wouldn't seem to take such pride in the fact that things aren't going well right now. Just my $.02.  Admittedly, you aren't as bad as some people on here, but for gosh sakes, SUPPORT YOUR TEAM.

460480[/snapback]

Actually, I'm pretty !@#$ing miserable when the Bills lose. You can ask my wife and kids.

I support my team just as much as the next guy. You should see the Buffalo stuff I own. Everytime we hit a store I come home with something else Buffalo. Please don't question me being a TRUE Bills fan.

I knew this team would struggle this year. But what kills me is some poeple think this team is a 10-6 team heading to the playoffs. They REFUSE to see the negatives about this team. I'm a real person who looks at this team with reality.

4-12 is reality

You think Donahoe picks a RT again this year in the top 5 picks or maybe a 5'7 receiver that weighs 175 pounds?

I want something better for my team! B-)

Is there a runner today that you would compare Cookie Gilchrist to? I have heard his name brought up quite a few times on here, but I don't think I've ever seen footage of him. Did he have a style that was comparable to anyone from the past decade or so?

I remember when Thurman, Leonard Smith, and Kirby Jackson would come to the Tony Roma's I used to work at in the early 90s. They came for a rib eating contest and also to film one of the weekly Bills shows at the time. They were all really cool guys, very friendly and personable. I don't know why I'm thinking about this, I guess it's just a reminder of how thankful I am for having grown up in Upstate NY. The Bills were a huge part of those years and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

460493[/snapback]

Jerome Bettis would most be like Cookie. He could run over, through and around people.

The Bills have a great chance.  This is not a great Saints team, and they don't even have a real home.  They also have a bunch of injuries.  It will be up to the Bills defence though, to play better, and give us a chance.

460494[/snapback]

Listen Hamburger............

Our offense can't score enough points to win and our D is hurting even worse now. How do you expect to win?

Don't misunderstand me, I want to win this game bad! But, I just can't see us doing it with what I have seen on the field so far this year.

I WILL NOT come back on this board if we lose and say..........

I TOLD YOU SO..............WE SUCK!

I want to win the game, I hope I'm wrong and you guys are right.

Back to the wood pile! B-)

Actually, I'm pretty !@#$ing miserable when the Bills lose. You can ask my wife and kids.

I support my team just as much as the next guy. You should see the Buffalo stuff I own. Everytime we hit a store I come home with something else Buffalo. Please don't question me being a TRUE Bills fan.

I knew this team would struggle this year. But what kills me is some poeple think this team is a 10-6 team heading to the playoffs. They REFUSE to see the negatives about this team. I'm a real person who looks at this team with reality.

4-12 is reality

You think Donahoe picks a RT again this year in the top 5 picks or maybe a 5'7 receiver that weighs 175 pounds?

I want something better for my team!  B-)

460495[/snapback]

I think ofiba's post is a pretty good indication that you haven't cornered the market on reality, bro. How do you know what kind of QB JP will turn into? Do you think the coaching staff, TD, Ralph Wilson, etc all just want to tank the season and don't care? Obviously they all want to WIN, as do we! Do you honestly think that there are things they are "refusing" to see?? It just seems like EVERYTHING you post is just some negative babble about how bad we suck. You also seem kind of naive, to be honest.....just because you want a particular player or you want to strengthen a particular aspect of the team doesn't mean you can just up and do it. There are 31 other teams competing for the same players, coaches, etc that we are. I think some of you lose sight of that fact.

By the way, I hope that when you're out buying all your Bills gear that you avoid stuff that has to do with guys like Clements, Spikes, and McGahee.....cause none of them would be here if it wasn't for TD.

I think ofiba's post is a pretty good indication that you haven't cornered the market on reality, bro. How do you know what kind of QB JP will turn into? Do you think the coaching staff, TD, Ralph Wilson, etc all just want to tank the season and don't care? Obviously they all want to WIN, as do we!  Do you honestly think that there are things they are "refusing" to see?? It just seems like EVERYTHING you post is just some negative babble about how bad we suck. You also seem kind of naive, to be honest.....just because you want a particular player or you want to strengthen a particular aspect of the team doesn't mean you can just up and do it. There are 31 other teams competing for the same players, coaches, etc that we are. I think some of you lose sight of that fact.

By the way, I hope that when you're out buying all your Bills gear that you avoid stuff that has to do with guys like Clements, Spikes, and McGahee.....cause none of them would be here if it wasn't for TD.

460499[/snapback]

You think it's safe to go out and buy a Clements jersey this year? B-)

What makes you think Donahoe keeps him? Clements wants to be the highest paid corner in the NFL.

I think Terrence McGee takes over duty next year.

460513[/snapback]

Well, yeah....you may be right. I'm still hoping we keep Nate, though.

What makes you think Donahoe keeps him? Clements wants to be the highest paid corner in the NFL.

460513[/snapback]

After we win the super bowl this year, TD can cut the whole team for all I care. B-)

The Bills will Win tomorrow. Though if they don't we'll all be here Monday picking apart exactly what WE think is wrong with this team and by Friday or Saturday we'll all be really optimistic about Sundays game again. That is why we are FANS. Stick with the team through the good and the bad. B-)

With faith the size of a mustard seed we can move mountains.  :doh:

GO BILLS !!

460560[/snapback]

I can think of a couple mountains I'd like to move B-)

460513[/snapback]

Just like how Ron Edwards took over for Pat Williams? Wonderful.

In the meantime, while we let our 27 year old star CB walk, Mike Williams continues to earn his 8 million plus and 33 year old Moulds his 11 million plus. Simply wonderful.

Just like how Ron Edwards took over for Pat Williams? Wonderful.

In the meantime, while we let our 27 year old star CB walk, Mike Williams continues to earn his 8 million plus and 33 year old Moulds his 11 million plus. Simply wonderful.

460580[/snapback]

Yeah, you're another one of the negative nancies..... Comparing McGee to Edwards makes no sense.....McGee is already a starter and becoming a pretty damn good corner. Oh, by the way, he's also a pro-bowl kick returner last time I checked. Ron Edwards is a marginal starter at best.

Yeah, you're another one of the negative nancies.....  Comparing McGee to Edwards makes no sense.....McGee is already a starter and becoming a pretty damn good corner. Oh, by the way, he's also a pro-bowl kick returner last time I checked.  Ron Edwards is a marginal starter at best.

460583[/snapback]

Isn't McGee a restricted FA at the end of the season also?