The way we play on Sunday will say a LOT

ajzepp

First of all, I'm so psyched for this Sunday.....not only do I finally get to see the Bills LIVE, I will hopefully also get to see the Pats LOSE again to the Steelers....I'd love to see the Pats back in 2002 form.

Anyway, I think our performance against the Falcons will say a lot. Not only were we completely embarrassed by the Bucs in Tampa last week, but you have JP talking about how pissed off he is at himself and the way he played, AND you have MM calling out Willis about his running style. In short, the Bills have a LOT of motivation this week, and the way they respond to it will speak volumes about what kind of mentality they have. If they come out and absolutely MURDER the Falcons, then clearly we have a team that has some balls and is serious about taking care of business. If they come out flat and uninspired, or with a helpless sort of mentality, then I think we're screwed....and Mularkey may be screwed, too.

I'm particularly interested to see how Willis responds. I really didn't care for his attitude with reporters when asked about being called out, so hopefully he gets his act together, gets off his damn high horse and hits those holes. I feel the same way about our defense, though I feel pretty confident that they'll come out fired up and get the job done. As for JP, I'm more interested in his effort than I am his production. I just feel the kid deserves at least a few more games before we start really getting strict about whether he's scoring us points or not. I'm glad he's pissed off and wants to perform better, but the reality is the guy has started two NFL games. Time is still the key with him.

The bottom line is that I want to see this team come out AS a team, focused on one common goal of beating the Falcons handily. Anything less and I really think we might have reason to worry about where some of their heads are.

I'm going to stay optimistic....Bills 24 Falcons 10

First of all, I'm so psyched for this Sunday.....not only do I finally get to see the Bills LIVE, I will hopefully also get to see the Pats LOSE again to the Steelers....I'd love to see the Pats back in 2002 form.

Anyway, I think our performance against the Falcons will say a lot. Not only were we completely embarrassed by the Bucs in Tampa last week, but you have JP talking about how pissed off he is at himself and the way he played, AND you have MM calling out Willis about his running style. In short, the Bills have a LOT of motivation this week, and the way they respond to it will speak volumes about what kind of mentality they have. If they come out and absolutely MURDER the Falcons, then clearly we have a team that has some balls and is serious about taking care of business. If they come out flat and uninspired, or with a helpless sort of mentality, then I think we're screwed....and Mularkey may be screwed, too.

I'm particularly interested to see how Willis responds. I really didn't care for his attitude with reporters when asked about being called out, so hopefully he gets his act together, gets off his damn high horse and hits those holes. I feel the same way about our defense, though I feel pretty confident that they'll come out fired up and get the job done. As for JP, I'm more interested in his effort than I am his production. I just feel the kid deserves at least a few more games before we start really getting strict about whether he's scoring us points or not. I'm glad he's pissed off and wants to perform better, but the reality is the guy has started two NFL games. Time is still the key with him.

The bottom line is that I want to see this team come out AS a team, focused on one common goal of beating the Falcons handily. Anything less and I really think we might have reason to worry about where some of their heads are.

I'm going to stay optimistic....Bills 24 Falcons 10

451174[/snapback]

Nice post ajz.

I hope the media blitz surrounding MM, WM, JPL, and EM dies down, but as an eternal cynic as far as the Balls go (20+ years experience), I expect it to be a constant distraction and distract from their play this weekend. <_<

Injuries to Big Mike and Lawyer don't help either. As we're at home, I say Balls pull out a squeaker 17-16 on a last second Lindell FG. :(

Nice post ajz.

I hope the media blitz surrounding MM, WM, JPL, and EM dies down, but as an eternal cynic as far as the Balls go (20+ years experience), I expect it to be a constant distraction and distract from their play this weekend.  <_<

Injuries to Big Mike and Lawyer don't help either. As we're at home, I say Balls pull out a squeaker 17-16 on a last second Lindell FG.  :(

451179[/snapback]

Hell, I completely forgot the Moulds angle....I guess you can add that to the rest of it. I agree with you, though....I'd like to see this controversial sh*t resolve and go away. I think we can tolerate it for a week, but these guys need to use the Falcons game to get it out of their system. There is too much talent on this team and we've been waiting too long to have a winner again for this crap. I think Willis needs to quit talking to Clinton Portis and Edgerrin James and quit dreaming about his next contract and focus on helping his team win games.

I wish it was Troy who was injured instead of Lawyer....I feel much better about R. Baker starting as free safety than I do C. Wire starting at strong. Oh well...not like there's anything we can do about that lol.

Nice post ajz.

I hope the media blitz surrounding MM, WM, JPL, and EM dies down, but as an eternal cynic as far as the Balls go (20+ years experience), I expect it to be a constant distraction and distract from their play this weekend.  <_<

Injuries to Big Mike and Lawyer don't help either. As we're at home, I say Balls pull out a squeaker 17-16 on a last second Lindell FG.  :(

451179[/snapback]

Hey look - there is NO media blitz at all here. All we've had in terms of coverage has been from local Buffalo/Rochester newspapers, TV and Radio. Exactly what we would expect in a normal week.

There has NOT been a huge blow up in the media concerning MM's comments about McGahee. We're flying under the radar on a national level - and we shouldn't be worried at the moment.

MM, WM, EM, and JPL need to go out there on Sunday and give the local media something to gush about. Then the public moaning will go away and what has gone on this week I am sure will NOT affect their play ina negative way this sunday. If the complaints were all over Sportscentre, NFL Live and the like we'd b e feeling the heat. But c'mon - what do you expect The Snooze and the D&C to publish???

My prediction: Vick plays. Struggles but the Falcons can run the Ball and they take away a comfortable but close win against our struggling offence. 20-10 Falcons. Willis will go over 100 tho.