This week vs. ATL

deep2evans

We were stomped in Tampa. It was awful to watch, in every phase we looked bad (McGee returning was the bright spot.) However, there is no way this team is that weak. There are too many leaders, too much talent for this to be a sub .500 team. You may say well, having a rookie QB may negate all the other talent, as it did in Tampa, but im a firm beliver that all JP has to do is manage games and we can win. Tom Clements is certainly at fault for the offensive production this week, but im also confident he will get on the same page with JP on how to run the offense best. I dont mean to preach to the choir, but every offense has a scheme in which its run best....we just havent figured that out yet...and we will, its only a matter of time before JP gets "it."

On to my pt...the Bills need to beat ATL to prove they can play with the elite teams. If you look back at the last 2 seasons, the last time we beat someone who i consider "a strong contenter"..it would be week 1 '03 against new england. You can make a case that last years wins against new york and at cincy were impressive, but im talking elite, top teams. Beating ATL would be huge mentally for this team, esp. JP, as we have a number of winable games ahead of us. Going 2-1 may place us alone on top in the East if you look at next weeks opponents for NE, Mia, and NYJ. I would NOT want to be ATL this week as the Bills will come out pissed and ready to go. I guarentee the defense will not let another letdown happen again. Don't give up on this season yet. There's alot of football left and with a few adjustments, the Bills can make some major noise.

I was at the Seattle-Atlanta game yesterday, and watched the Bills game on Tivo when I got home. The Atlanta receiving corps DWARFED the Seahawks' secondary, but they stopped them. I don't think the game was as close as the score indicated because the Seahawks just got lazy in the second half.

At home, with the defense stinging from getting runned over by a Cadillac, I think they Bills can win. But, it will be with defense.