Start Lamont Jordan or Steven Jackson?

slothrop

I think Jordan will be consistant all year, rushing for 70-100 yds and they seem to be using him in the passing game. (we get 1pt/rec).

However, Jackson has the potential to run for 150 yds in a game and catch 5-8 balls for 50 yds. On the other hand MArtz may run the ball 10 times all game and throw 55 times. It is unpredictible.

What do you all think?

I think Jordan will be consistant all year, rushing for 70-100 yds and they seem to be using him in the passing game. (we get 1pt/rec).

However, Jackson has the potential to run for 150 yds in a game and catch 5-8 balls for 50 yds. On the other hand MArtz may run the ball 10 times all game and throw 55 times. It is unpredictible.

What do you all think?

442586[/snapback]

i'm going with jackson this week in my league, i have the same choice as you.

If it were my decision I would go with Jackson.

Here are my reasons, however idiotic :(

Oakland is playing KC. The Oakland Def sucks ass, so this game could be a blow-out early, meaning it will be three quarters of Kerry Collins dropping back and chucking it downfield, seriously limiting L-Jordans touches.

Also, IMO Jackson is used more by StL in both phases of the offensive game plan, so even if their plan is limited wrt the run, he still gets you receptions/ rec yards.

That's my take. Which ultimately means Jordan will probably rush for 155 yards, and have 6 receptions for 75 yeards, and Jackson will get injured on the first drive :( .

yeah hunch is probably it.

With RB's I usually make the assumption that the RB on the winning team will get more yards. I think Stl will beat Arizona (or at least make it closer than KC vs OAk) and he will get more carries since Stl will want to run more clock.

Both RB's are on pass happy teams and neither will get consistant carries all year. But something about jackson just to me gives him more big play ability than jordan.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.