Joey Harrington

Marv Levy

I know this is a little late and I'm not dwelling on the pre-season, but as I was watching the reply of the game on NFL Network, I was surprised to see Garcia start. Why didn't Harrington start? He needs all the work he can get considering last year and also all that top talent at the WR position. Was he injured or was Coach Mooch just being cautious?

There is a ton of pressure on JP to perform this year for sure, but think about Harrington. If he falters again this year..... Uh Oh!!

maybe he didnt want to see harrington get injured. alot of teams did not play alot of starters in the last preseason game.

maybe they wanted to see how garcia did, and maybe a sign that he would replace harrington sooner rather than later.

i do think the bills injuring Garcia, saved harringtons carrer in detroit.

According to the Mooch, he wanted to see what Garcia looked like with the first team offense. It was not meant to spark any kind of controversy (which is moot now anyway). It was just that he wanted to give Garcia some snaps with the first team offense in a game-like situation -- just in case he had to be rushed into action during the regular season. Joey had a mild injury but would have played in a regular season game.