How does this team look?

smapdi

Im in a 12 team league with 4 pts for passing td's and 6 pts for any other kind. Here's my team (got 1st overall):

QB (1 starter):

1. D. McNabb PHI

2. B. Leftwich JAX

3. B. Roethisberger PIT

WR (2 starters):

1. Chad Johnson CIN

2. L. Evans BUF

3. M. Muhammad CHI

4. M. Robinson MIN

5. M. Jones JAX

RB (2 starters):

1. L. Tomlinson SD

2. R. Brown MIA

3. TJ Duckett ATL

4. T. Henry TEN

5. F. Gore SF

TE (1 starter):

1. H. Miller PIT

2. D. Jolley NYJ

K (1 starter):

1. M. Nugent

2. P. Dawson

D (and special teams):

1. Buffalo

2. San Diego

I got Muhammad real deep in the draft along with Henry. My only regret is taking Evans in the 5th but I think getting Muhammad and Robinson real late made up for it.

a couple of my buddies were talking smack saying I was going to finish in 11th or 12th. I think my team is rather solid.

$50 for highest point total every week

$700 for most points after 17 weeks

Your first 4 picks are solid, but depth is a question. Also, how many RB's WR's do you start?

QB - Set

RB -

1. L. Tomlinson SD - Solid

2. R. Brown MIA - Ricky has looked solid and he's the type of back that needs 25-30 carries to be his most effective. Hold onto Brown, but at best I would expect him to split carries.

3. TJ Duckett ATL - Excellent TD vulture, plus he'd put up great numbers if Dunn goes down.

4. T. Henry TEN - Watch his turf toe...although Brown is his own M*A*S*H unit, so I would expect Travis to be the starter at some point.

5. F. Gore SF - Potential....but Barlow is hanging on by a thread and Gore couldn't win the job in preseason. He'll see 8 in the box consistently.

Hopefully, one of those guys will emerge as a #2 back. If not, either start Brown until Wicky comes off his suspension or play matchups with Duckett. By week 5 you should have a decent idea who your #2 will be.

WR's -

1. Chad Johnson CIN -

2. L. Evans BUF - Hinges on JP

3. M. Muhammad CHI - Hinges on Orton...teams will blitz the hell out the Bears and stack the box...you drafted him late so he's good value at that point. Last year was the exception for Mushy, don't bank on him too much.

4. M. Robinson MIN - He's fighting Travis Taylor and now Koren Robinson for the job. Both are Round 1 busts, so there's an outside shot he has value.

5. M. Jones JAX - Who knows...great upside though.

Same problem as RB's. Great #1, but who'll be your #2.

I got Muhammad real deep in the draft along with Henry. My only regret is taking Evans in the 5th but I think getting Muhammad and Robinson real late made up for it.

a couple of my buddies were talking smack saying I was going to finish in 11th or 12th. I think my team is rather solid.

I'd say your friends are idiots. You got the top RB, a top 3 QB, a top 8 WR, and a top 3 Defense in a 12 team league. That might be enough by itself to make the playoffs.

Your WR depth is questionable, but I noticed during my draft how there's a huge dropoff after Daryl Jackson in the top 12 - the next 50 or so are all about the same. When he was picked 1 spot in front of me I was pissed, started to panick, and reached for Donald Driver & Isaac Bruce in the 4th & 5th rounds (we only start 1 RB in my league). Probably should've stocked up at RB anyway. Lacking a stud WR, I stockpiled a bunch of young WR's in the later rounds with potential, or coming off of injury, guys like Troy Williamson, Charles Rodgers, Mike Williams....I figure one of them has to break out and they have more upside than the Jimmy/Rod Smiths of the world. And oh yeah, I got Manning too, that should help. Sorry for the hijack.

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 D, 1 K

That is the required line up. Im just a little worried about Ronnie Brown as my second back. I think he has a lot of potential on a miami team with Gus Ferotte<sp> as QB. I think we will probably rotate him and Duckett most of the season. I was considering making a trade with Leftwich and Duckett for a higher tier running back for those who are weak at QB.

You guys think I should go with Evans week 1? I'm just not too sure what to expect out of Losman in his first game.

You have to play Ronnie Brown just because he'll play more than Duckett, Henry or Gore, at least initially.

Got to play Evans as well. Muhummad is going to be a bust with no QB, plus he's playing the Skins D. I didn't realize the Vikings had that many WR's; they also have their rookie 1st rd pick who might eventually be the #2 guy, right?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.