I'm still sick about the game,

I've had the NFL package for 5 years in a row, but chose not to get it this year, I just didn't want to spend 200 bucks on it, and missing a bunch of games due to having a 2 year old, and being busy at other times.

I was set to go to a sports bar to watch the game, and I ended up picking up a friend at the St. Louis airport at 12:30 (good timing, ruining what I've been awaiting for 9 months). Also, I couldn't find a babysitter for my 2 year old boy, and chose not to drag him into a smoky sports bar. I came home and tried to get the game on the NFL radio, which I paid for a month ago. No signal.

So, I sat downstairs watching the Rams game, coming up to my computer every few minutes to check into the chatroom to see what was up.

The score and time of the game was posted in the upper left corner of the Rams game, and it was 10-6 Bills, 45 seconds left, 10-6. 30 seconds, then they went to a timeout. Came back 12-10 Jax, 0 time left, and I had no idea what happened.

I later found out that the Bills gave up first downs on 3 4th down plays on that final drive, including a 45 yard completion over Clements.

Not having seen any of the game, I still feel just about as bad as I have felt watching them lose on the dish the past few years. Am I right in feeling this crappy?

I've had the NFL package for 5 years in a row, but chose not to get it this year, I just didn't want to spend 200 bucks on it, and missing a bunch of games due to having a 2 year old, and being busy at other times. 

I was set to go to a sports bar to watch the game, and I ended up picking up a friend at the St. Louis airport at 12:30 (good timing, ruining what I've been awaiting for 9 months).  Also, I couldn't find a babysitter for my 2 year old boy, and chose not to drag him into a smoky sports bar.  I came home and tried to get the game on the NFL radio, which I paid for a month ago.  No signal. 

So, I sat downstairs watching the Rams game, coming up to my computer every few minutes to check into the chatroom to see what was up.

The score and time of the game was posted in the upper left corner of the Rams game, and it was 10-6 Bills, 45 seconds left, 10-6. 30 seconds, then they went to a timeout.  Came back 12-10 Jax, 0 time left, and I had no idea what happened. 

I later found out that the Bills gave up first downs on 3 4th down plays on that final drive, including a 45 yard completion over Clements. 

Not having seen any of the game, I still feel just about as bad as I have felt watching them lose on the dish the past few years.  Am I right in feeling this crappy?

29830[/snapback]

You are, we should have won the game and did everything we could to put ourselves in a position to do so. It was then snatched from our fingertips. I had the day off from school and work and I couldn't even bring myself to play madden today.

Am I right in feeling this crappy?

29830[/snapback]

You bet you are. You don't have to see the game live (in person or on TV) to hurt from a loss like that one. I was driving from Arkansas to Indiana listening to the game on satellite radio. It was definitely a kick in the stomach. And I didn't have my stress ball to throw, or my dog to kick.

Just kidding about the dog.

Man, that's even worse than watching it in person.....you feel so out of control.

If you were watching it though you probably would have felt as out of control during the entire final drive.

It was a drive that Leftwich got lucky and we played dumb. I wouldn't feel crappy about it though. But, many people here seem to.

It was brutal. Its been a while since I felt that bad after a Bills loss. However even though the O only scored 10 there was some light at the end of the tunnel, they made huge strides in some of the question marks left after last season.

Guest Guesteroo

I was set to go to a sports bar to watch the game, and I ended up picking up a friend at the St. Louis airport at 12:30 (good timing, ruining what I've been awaiting for 9 months).  Also, I couldn't find a babysitter for my 2 year old boy, and chose not to drag him into a smoky sports bar.  I came home and tried to get the game on the NFL radio, which I paid for a month ago.  No signal. 

The score and time of the game was posted in the upper left corner of the Rams game, and it was 10-6 Bills, 45 seconds left, 10-6. 30 seconds, then they went to a timeout.  Came back 12-10 Jax, 0 time left, and I had no idea what happened. 

Not having seen any of the game, I still feel just about as bad as I have felt watching them lose on the dish the past few years.  Am I right in feeling this crappy?

29830[/snapback]

Yes, you are. It was clear that this team needed to win at home against a marginal/decent Jax team to have any real hope this season of big things. With their upcoming tough schedule, I think it is safe to say that some people are already looking forward to next season with JP, Lee evans , and Willis starting.

I think it is safe to say that some people are already looking forward to next season with JP, Lee evans , and Willis starting.

-------------------------------

uhhhh....guesteroo what in god's name are you smoking. We were ahead for 59:59.99....and now we are going with Losman and Willis next year???? Henry is washed up? Drew is washed up?

Lord, give it some time man.

It was brutal.  Its been a while since I felt that bad after a Bills loss.  However even though the O only scored 10 there was some light at the end of the tunnel,  they made huge strides in some of the question marks left after last season.

29847[/snapback]

This is probobly even worse than the end of the titans game last year if you ask me. It may even date back to the Jets game from '02. Hard to tell, last year was so rough my memories of it are mostly blocked out. It was a definate "stomach-punch" loss.