Now that preseason is over

Rayzer32

Does preseason mean anything?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Does preseason mean anything?

• Doesn't matter, the Bills are fine.
    • Makes a difference, the Bills need help.

For everyone who keeps saying it's only preseason, I have to disagree. If the Bills finished 4-0 this board would be making plans for Detroit. The Bills are still a work in progress and preseason showed that. Hopefully they can get through a weak 1st qtr schedule and improve by week 6 or 7 to have a shot at the playoffs.

I just hope this season is entertaining (playoffs or not) and not a 3-13 train wreck.

For everyone who keeps saying it's only preseason, I have to disagree.  If the Bills finished 4-0 this board would be making plans for Detroit.  The Bills are still a work in progress and preseason showed that.  Hopefully they can get through a week 1st qtr schedule and improve by week 6 or 7 to have a shot at the playoffs.

I just hope this season is entertaining (playoffs or not) and not a 3-13 train wreck.

428180[/snapback]

8-8 maybe not 3-13. Defense is too good, as are ST. Preseason practices are over, game plans go into effect. Running plays be com a staple. Also watch for long passes early to loosen up defenses. He doesn't have to make them only come close enough to force the defense to think.

I know it's hard...but every year I tell myself to REALLY judge after the first quarter. If they have a 2-2 split after the first 4 games, I'll be happy. 1-3 is survivable, 0-4 will be agony. TSW is going to be pretty interesting come September. I'd be less concerned about pre-season if we weren't starting an untested QB with a suspect O-line, and actually had a kicker. Yes, this year pre-season does matter. What makes anyone think they are going to see anything radically different out of the offense in the beginning of the season? Eat vanilla all we want, but if you can't convert vanilla, how are you going to convert rocky-road?

If the Bills finished 4-0 this board would be making plans for Detroit. 

428180[/snapback]

this is quite frankly not true.......denver just went 4-0 -- how many of their fans are talking super bowl?.........their are enough realists on this board to keep things in perspective.......

d_wag Posted Today, 12:35 PM

QUOTE(Rayzer32 @ Sep 3 2005, 11:38 AM)

If the Bills finished 4-0 this board would be making plans for Detroit. 

this is quite frankly not true.......denver just went 4-0 -- how many of their fans are talking super bowl?.........their are enough realists on this board to keep things in perspective.......

For that matter Kansas City went 0-4 & Indianapolis went 0-5.

I'm not nervous, I have a lot of confidence in the Bills this season.

For that matter Kansas City went 0-4 & Indianapolis went 0-5.

I'm not nervous, I have a lot of confidence in the Bills this season.

428246[/snapback]

I watched a little over one quarter of the tape delay of last night's B'gals - Colts game. Indy played absolutly no offensive starters and only 2 on defense. It was like a JV squad... :)

The Bills Super Bowl teams went 0-4 in the preseason so I wouldn't write the team off just yet. The Pats got spanked by the Giants this week and I don't think anyone's writing them off. Remember they don't really game plan for these games. The regular season is a lot different......

428219[/snapback]

You ever been to a denver message board? They all talk superbowl. They believe their dline will be great cause they got rid of "overrated" reggie hayward. A Common theme among denver fans is. "It took Elway 3 years to learn the system and Plummer is in his 3rd year and this is the best team we've had since 1997". Quite frankly they're pretty big homers.

About the Bills though I wasn't expecting superbowl this year to begin with, but anything under 7-9 would be extremely dissapointing. I don't hang my hat on preseason happinings but the oline remains a huge question mark. JP played pretty much how I expected a 1st year starter in preseason to play. He showed he has some talent to make things happen, but he also showed he has a way to go as far as reading and reacting to a defense. I expect steady progress by week 6 or so, and to see this team really take off in the 2nd half of the seaso, kind of like last year. 10-6 is my prediction

For everyone who keeps saying it's only preseason, I have to disagree.  If the Bills finished 4-0 this board would be making plans for Detroit.  The Bills are still a work in progress and preseason showed that.  Hopefully they can get through a week 1st qtr schedule and improve by week 6 or 7 to have a shot at the playoffs.

428180[/snapback]

Making plans to go to detroit after the pre-season?...umm...no.

Keep your hopes up...