My scouting report of the Jets

soljc

A good friend has great season tickets, so I went to the Jets home opener yesterday and didn't see any of the Bills game except for the countless replays of the TD on the last play.....ugh. :doh: Anyway, here's what I saw from the Jets:

1. Their offense is very good. Sure, the Bengals don't have a great defense, but Pennington moved the ball at will, and if the Jets hadn't fumbled the opening kickoff, the score wouldn't have been close. Expect them to score 20-30+ week in and week out.

2. Their defense has a few stars, but can be exploited. Abraham looked like an All-Pro (need to double team him) and created havoc for Palmer. Robertson looked very good also. However, when there wasn't pressure on Palmer, he seemed to find someone open, even on a few 3rd and long downs. If I were coach, I'd attack the secondary often.

3. They execute very well. Committed only 1 penalty for 7 yards, 8 of 12 on 3rd down, and only 1 turnover (opening kickoff).

Basically, the Jets offense should keep them in most games, and their defense should be good enough against lesser teams (i.e. Bengals)......I see them winning between 8-10 games, something I can't say about the Bills right now (10 points at home??). :)