I Don't Care One Iota About This Game....

The Bears game meant nothing and the Lions game means even less than nothing. Basically, it's been 8 months of speculation, wild predictions and dissecting every single bit of mostly useless information on every single thing the Bills have done or not done off the field and in every single practice and preseason game since the last game that counted. None of it means a thing. Nobody (not even the Bills) knows exactly what will happen until Sunday, September 11th at 1pm.

420818[/snapback]

You hit it right on the head, Kasper! I don't know why some of the posters on this board get so riled up after watching pre-season games? I tape all the games and make a point of turning them off after the starters have left the game in each case! What I have observed from the preseason contests so far is that a) JPL can really throw the football and has a nice touch on the underneath stuff b) our defense is playing at a very high level and c) the majority of NFC teams may suck but that Chicago defence is going to open some eyes this season d) the coaching staff for this team will put our offence in excellent position for success and after about 3-4 reg season contests I believe the offence will equal the level of our defence barring any key injuries, of course!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, 3 out of 41 OL picked who are starting, whether because they're good enough to start or because their teams have no other choice, is NOT a great batting percentage.  None would have been selected at Parrish's pick by anyone, much less the Bills, and Preston could probably start and do as well if given the chance.

421524[/snapback]

5 out of 41 are starting right now. with several more on the cusp. I suspect by mid year it will be closer to 10-12 starting because of injury or worse Oline in front of the depth chart.

5 out of 41 are starting right now.  with several more on the cusp.  I suspect by mid year it will be closer to 10-12 starting because of injury or worse Oline in front of the depth chart.

I was talking about the 41 OL drafted AFTER Parrish. If you want to talk about those drafted before as well, you'd have to jack-up the total number by about 10 at least. And sure more could start due to injury, just like Preston probably could. All in all, the decision to let Jonas walk, passing on LJ Shelton, signing Gandy, and drafting Preston, look to have been great moves. The signing of Anderson isn't looking too hot now, but again as I said, Preston gives them options.

I was talking about the 41 OL drafted AFTER Parrish.  If you want to talk about those drafted before as well, you'd have to jack-up the total number by about 10 at least.  And sure more could start due to injury, just like Preston probably could.  All in all, the decision to let Jonas walk, passing on LJ Shelton, signing Gandy, and drafting Preston, look to have been great moves.  The signing of Anderson isn't looking too hot now, but again as I said, Preston gives them options.

421625[/snapback]

Except Shelton seems to be doing great in Cleveland.

Gandy's doing fine, for 1/6th the price to obtain Shelton originally, and 1/3 the price to obtain him as a FA.

421993[/snapback]

I do have to say I watched Shelton a little the other day, when the Cleveland game was on and paid attention to the Browns board. The knock on Shelton still seems to be the same, smaller speed rushers still seem to be a little quick for him. He almost got Dilfer killed on one play where Witherspoon at LB, I think came around the edge and Shelton got back a little slow and ran him right into Dilfer just as Dilfer was throwing. So, he still seems to have that initial slow step. But the Browns had a good running game when they went left. They struggled to the right from what I saw, but Shelton was blowing up the left side and opening huge holes. He also wasn't getting beat when he picked up inside guys like Jenkins at DT.

Actually these are the only projected starting rookies in the NFL right now. 

1st rounders Brown (NO), Barron (STL), Spencer (SEA), and Mankins (NE), have not cracked the starting lineup yet.

And Mankins was a G, and Spencer a Center.

421253[/snapback]

Mankins is starting - he's started all three preseason games.