WR - R White (8)

TE - D Clark (8)

TE - B Troupe (10)

K - J Carney (10)

K - J Hanson ( 3)

DEF - Chicago (4)

DEF - Indy (8)

What's everybody think?

Not a fan. In a 10 team league you should be much stronger than this.

Why did you keep Brooks? I am inclined to believe you could have used your 2nd keeper on someone better.

Your QB situation is dire. Brooks is average. Vick is problematic, and Harrington is...well...who knows what harrington is. I hate having vick on my team because one week he will get 40 points and you will be in heaven. The next week he gets -10 and you are screwed. I purposely dont draft him because i always play him hoping he gets 40 points and wind up getting screwed. Double points for QB Run Yards helps. Grade : 'C'

RB - I like McGahee and R. Johnson. Solid Starters. Bennett / Duckett and Green are either backups now, or could very possibly lose their job during the season. Not bad for backups, but not great either. Grade : 'B'

WR - Ouch again. 10 team league and you dont have one of the top 10 recievers! Burleson should be fine. Muhammad scares me. Wont be nearly as good as he was last year unless a) Orton Starts and b) Orton plays well. Both of which are way up in the air. Moulds also has a problem at the QB Position. Stallworth has been a bust year after year. Curtis and Curry are 3rd string guys...and curry is coming off a torn achilles. Grade : D

TE - Clark is decent. He is the last of my "tier 2" tight ends, but still pretty good. Troupe is probably not going to help. Grade : C

PK - Eh...who cares. A kicker is a kicker. That said...Carney and Hanson? What happened to Longwell, Graham, Stover or Jano? Carney and Hanson are both in the bottom half of kickers in this league. Grade : F

DEF - Again, who really cares unless you have Balt...but chicago shold be pretty good, and the colts are a suitable backup. Grade B

I just dont understand your team. It is a 10 team league. You have one top 10 QB (Vick) and 2 Top 10 RBs, a top 10 TE and nobody else who is in the top 10 of thier position! You cant expect to win this league with this team.

Overall Grade D

Not a fan.  In a 10 team league you should be much stronger than this.

Why did you keep Brooks?  I am inclined to believe you could have used your 2nd keeper on someone better.

Your QB situation is dire.  Brooks is average.  Vick is problematic, and Harrington is...well...who knows what harrington is.  I hate having vick on my team because one week he will get 40 points and you will be in heaven.  The next week he gets -10 and you are screwed.  I purposely dont draft him because i always play him hoping he gets 40 points and wind up getting screwed.  Double points for QB Run Yards helps. Grade : 'C'

RB - I like McGahee and R. Johnson.  Solid Starters.  Bennett / Duckett and Green are either backups now, or could very possibly lose their job during the season.  Not bad for backups, but not great either. Grade : 'B'

WR - Ouch again.  10 team league and you dont have one of the top 10 recievers!  Burleson should be fine.  Muhammad scares me.  Wont be nearly as good as he was last year unless a) Orton Starts and b) Orton plays well.  Both of which are way up in the air.  Moulds also has a problem at the QB Position.  Stallworth has been a bust year after year.  Curtis and Curry are 3rd string guys...and curry is coming off a torn achilles.  Grade : D

TE - Clark is decent.  He is the last of my "tier 2" tight ends, but still pretty good.  Troupe is probably not going to help.  Grade : C

PK - Eh...who cares.  A kicker is a kicker.  That said...Carney and Hanson?  What happened to Longwell, Graham, Stover or Jano?  Carney and Hanson are both in the bottom half of kickers in this league.  Grade : F

DEF - Again, who really cares unless you have Balt...but chicago shold be pretty good, and the colts are a suitable backup.  Grade B

I just dont understand your team.  It is a 10 team league.  You have one top 10 QB (Vick) and 2 Top 10 RBs, a top 10 TE and nobody else who is in the top 10 of thier position!  You cant expect to win this league with this team.

Overall Grade D

420598[/snapback]

This is a keeper league. You can not keep two players at the same position. I didn't have another option other than Brooks.

These where the players that were protected and I drafted 3rd.

Westbrook

Holt

Brees

Barber

Brooks

McGahee

Portis

Moss

McNabb

Lewis

McCallister

C Johnson

Holmes

Harrison

P Manning

James

Culpepper

Alexander

Tomlinson

Owens

R Johnson was my best option with the 3rd pick. Could have taken Green or Dillon but I feel that Johnson is going to put up better numbers.

I agree with your analysis of the QB's. Vick was attractive because of the double points. I hate having Brooks and tried to deal (Martin, Dillon) for a starting QB. Even offered Dillon for Delhomme and the player decided Barber was better than Dillon and rejected the offer. Harrington should be decent.

I think the wideouts will be fine. Muhammad and Moulds both have QB questions, but they're going to get thiers. Burleson is the man in Minnesota. Stallworth filled a spot and Curry and Curtis were drafted in the last two rounds. Not too concerned.

I thought I did well with Clark at TE considering Gates and Gonzo went in the 2nd round. Troupe was a reach but there wasn't any proven tight ends available.

As far as an F at kicker goes, I'm not drafting a kicker in the 4th and 5th round, which is were Vanderjagt, Vinatieri and Janikowski went. Longwell was taken by the guy just before me in round 8. Stover and Graham were also taken before me in round 8. But as you said, a kicker is a kicker.

Chicago will do fine. There are quality DEF left in Free Agency in case something should go haywire there.

I still have a hard time believing you didnt have a WR or TE or QB that was better than Brooks, but I'll take your word for it. If you look down that list of protected players...which one doesnt belong? Brooks. That screams trouble for you. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

I think you did okay with RuJo at #3. That is solid. I dont have a problem with that. I also dont have a problem with some of your obvious late round picks (2nd K, D, Curtis, etc.).

The F for Kicker has little to do with the fact you waited until late to get one. In fact, that is pretty sound strategy. I just dont like Carney and Hanson and felt that there HAD to be someone better to draft when you drafted them. They arent even in the top half of the NFL IMO, and you only have a 10 team league.

Really, I think you got screwed by the keeper league. Having to keep a guy like Brooks while everyone else is protecting top-20 talent makes things tough. I barely even have him in the top 100 players this year. To avoid this problem next year, perhaps you should drop some of your later picks (2nd K and D) and pick up some guys with large upside (i.e. Losman, Orton, Alex Smith, Troy Williamson, Heath Miller, Eli Manning, etc.). Might not do much this year, but maybe you could come up with someone to protect next year, because honestly...burelson might be the only non-RB that I can see the potential to be a top 20 player next season. Maybe Harrington...but I am about done with him.

I took over the team last season for a guy that got kicked out. I had little to no talent coming in and kept McNair and Dillon from the squad the previous year. Moulds was my best WR and didn't want to keep him. I was solid at RB and almost kept Dillon again and let WM go. I could only protect on RB. I could have protected Shockey but felt I could do better drafting ( I feel that I did). Good points about the late rounders and building for next season. That's how I got WM last year, but most, if not all of the players you mentioned where gone. I was pretty loaded by the end of it so I can't say for sure.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.