Brady's First Pass Last Night

I admire the confidence HD. I remember in the Bills SB era, they would get shelled in the preseason and typically went 0-4, 1-3, etc. But Kelly would play one or two series and lead scoring drives, and you knew there was nothing to worry about. I tend to base more emphasis on the 30 yds rushing McGahee had last year at N.E. rather than the 120 that the Saints had last night. I'm sure their D will be fine.

Hollywood, imagine Losman's first pass tomorrow night is picked off, a la Brady. Just for kicks, give me a sample post that might appear on this board if that were to happen. There are goons on TSW who would be ready to sell him right down the river. I can hear it now. By the way, did Brady set his feet when he threw the pick? :devil:

I admire the confidence HD.  I remember in the Bills SB era, they would get shelled in the preseason and typically went 0-4, 1-3, etc.  But Kelly would play one or two series and lead scoring drives, and you knew there was nothing to worry about.  I tend to base more emphasis on the 30 yds rushing McGahee had last year at N.E. rather than the 120 that the Saints had last night.  I'm sure their D will be fine.

Believe me, after a game like yesterday, my instinct is to be concerned; and in the past, I would've been. But I've seen over the last few years that the Patriots are hardly the same team in the preseason as they are in the regular season.

Hollywood, imagine Losman's first pass tomorrow night is picked off, a la Brady.  Just for kicks, give me a sample post that might appear on this board if that were to happen.  There are goons on TSW who would be ready to sell him right down the river.  I can hear it now.

There's always going to be pockets of guys who always want the back-up. There were fervent Michael Bishop fans in New England in '99-'00, and now there are Flutie and Cassel backers. :devil: Not too many of those, thankfully.

By the way, did Brady set his feet when he threw the pick? 0:)

:blush:

Yeah, but he stared down his receiver like he was doing a Bledsoe impression.

Preseason records are pretty much worthless because, as proven last night, the Saints started most of their guys until the 3rd and managed to beat up on the Pats backups for a large portion of the game.

HOWEVER...

That doesnt mean we all cant enjoy watching Brady get the crap kicked out of him.

I watched the first half.  He took a few good shots.  :devil:

That first pick was a thing of beauty. 

On another note, the Pats D looks very vulnerable to the run.  They played their starters for the whole first half and gave up 125 rushing yards, much of it straight up the middle.  The patsy trolls will probably mention that Ty Warren wasn't in, but that's a single defensive lineman.  The Genius has some work to do.  As was discussed by the Fox "analysts", their first few games are against teams with solid running games. 

It's only pre-season, but they don't look that spectacular to this armchair drunk.

There was a Flutie sighting.  High comedy.  He's wearing number 2.  :blush:

412048[/snapback]

thats not true-quite a few ppl that started the game on defense for the pats did not play the entire first half. --and of course there were players that didnt play at all last night on defense(vrable.warren,green)

warren and green do QUITE well agaist the run.

some of the saints best runs were draws against a vanilla/no schemes defense of the pats. you need a clue.a big one

I'd like to see the Bills sweep the Pats, what about you? Would you like to see the Bill's crush the Pats twice this year?

412252[/snapback]

I would like to see the Bills go 16-0, but realisticly do not expect that. Just suprised that someone would want a split with a team and hopes that win comes on the road.

I would like to see the Bills go 16-0, but realisticly do not expect that.  Just suprised that someone would want a split with a team and hopes that win comes on the road.

412273[/snapback]

Na, I'm sure he meant it in a good way. Maybe being realistic, who knows. There's enough nay-sayers out there, like Hollywood Donna, and Thurmans Helmut, also that she devil, She-bone Homo Bone T-bone. We get some trolls here some times.

Anyway GO BILLS!! :devil:

No concern at all, huh?  125 rushing yards right down your throat, and the Saints converted 5 of 8 third downs against your varsity squad.  Granted, they were without Vrabel, Warren and Phifer, but that's a pretty mediocre display even for the pre-season against a crappy Saints team.  That ball doesn't bounce off a shoe and into Harrison's hands, and it would have been an ugly first half for the Patsies.

You keep telling yourself there's no problem, though.

412066[/snapback]

It's preseason football. I think that most Pats fans understand that the middle linebacker position is a spot to keep an eye on because they lost their three main players at that position in the offseason (with Bruschi being an enormous, enormous loss), but it's an odd thought that we're supposed to worry or be concerned based on a preseason game against a team on the schedule (as HD pointed out).

I'd rather have a preseason game like last night than the one the week before. No injuries last night.

I've noticed that a lot of these preseason matchups where the teams face each other later in the season go over the total for you sports accounting types.

Alexander and Banta-Cain looked OK last night late - just a lot of overpursuit (especially from Alexander). On the downside, I'll be surprised if Chad Brown makes it through this week...never mind into the starting lineup. He looks like he's done - if not done, then certainly misplaced in this role on this team.

I wonder if the Pats will toy with a 4-3 at times this season on rushing downs...something like Green/Wilfork/Warren/Seymour up front, and McGinest/Vrabel/Colvin at linebacker.

I wonder if the Pats will toy with a 4-3 at times this season on rushing downs...something like Green/Wilfork/Warren/Seymour up front, and McGinest/Vrabel/Colvin at linebacker.

I've wondered the same thing, given that they have a surplus of talent along the DL and a shortage among the LBs.

They seem pretty high on the rookie SS out of Fresno State (James Sanders), so maybe they bring him in sometimes and use Harrison as a quasi-LB.

Should be interesting to see how they handle it. I do like what I've seen from and heard about Beisel, for the most part, although he does seem to need a little more familiarization with the system.

412444[/snapback]

Didnt they use 4 LB's 5 DB's and 2 DL a few times last year also?

I've wondered the same thing, given that they have a surplus of talent along the DL and a shortage among the LBs.

They seem pretty high on the rookie SS out of Fresno State (James Sanders), so maybe they bring him in sometimes and use Harrison as a quasi-LB.

Should be interesting to see how they handle it.  I do like what I've seen from and heard about Beisel, for the most part, although he does seem to need a little more familiarization with the system.

412448[/snapback]

Hey! Comparing notes on the Pats? That's about enough of that! What the heck kind of website do you think this is? :)

Hey!  Comparing notes on the Pats?  That's about enough of that!  What the heck kind of website do you think this is?  :)

412483[/snapback]

Well, he has a tendency to embellish. Especially about his knowledge of football. Its a Pats troll kinda a thing, I think. Please forgive him.