Bills @ Chargers - Nov 20th, 2005

marck

Hi,

I live out here in San Diego and will be going to the game between the Bills and Chargers on November 20th. The Chargers will be wearing their powder blue throwback uniforms that afternoon and will also be honoring Lance Alworth. For any oldtimers out there, he was the first player from the AFL to make it to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

I have heard some rumors about the Bills wearing their throwback uniforms for the San Diego game as well as the opener with the Texans. Can anyone verify this.

Just think it would be great to see both times in their throwbacks to celebrate the 40th aniversary of the 1965 AFL Championship game.

Anyways, if anyone knows, please answer this post and thanks much.

I think it would be awesome! However, I believe the Bills have stated that they will only wear the uniforms for two regular season games, one home and one away. The home game is against the Texans. Since one team usually wears a "white" jersey I would think it unlikely that the Bills would wear a dark blue at the same time SD is wearing a lighter blue....

Of course it is possible. I think it would be great. I hope I am wrong... :D

I was wondering about the same thing. Maybe tyhe Bills have a white version of the throwback they are going to go with.

By the way, if anyone is interested the Chargers will also be wearing the powder blue throwbacks in their Monday night game with Pittsburgh.

I think it would be awesome! However, I believe the Bills have stated that they will only wear the uniforms for two regular season games, one home and one away. The home game is against the Texans. Since one team usually wears a "white" jersey I would think it unlikely that the Bills would wear a dark blue at the same time SD is wearing a lighter blue....

Of course it is possible. I think it would be great. I hope I am wrong... :D

410893[/snapback]

Anyone going to this game? I will be in attendance, and I'm sure there will be a decent Bills contingent there. I hear the Chargers are a pretty hot ticket in S.D. right now because of their success last year. Plus they have the first place Padres, the little city is not doin too bad.

I won't be in S.D. until the day of the game because I have tix to USC-Fresno St. the night before up in L.A. But I'm pretty pumped, I think Buf-S.D. will be a real good game.

And I'd love to see a white jersey in the throwback style...Get rid of the current white ones the Bills wear. They are straight out of the arena league with those on.

Hi,

I live out here in San Diego and will be going to the game between the Bills and Chargers on November 20th.  The Chargers will be wearing their powder blue throwback uniforms that afternoon and will also be honoring Lance Alworth.  For any oldtimers out there, he was the first player from the AFL to make it to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

I have heard some rumors about the Bills wearing their throwback uniforms for the San Diego game as well as the opener with the Texans.  Can anyone verify this.

Just think it would be great to see both times in their throwbacks to celebrate the 40th aniversary of the 1965 AFL Championship game.

Anyways, if anyone knows, please answer this post and thanks much.

410886[/snapback]

If Alworth played in today's "He stuck his tongue out at me ref, where's the interference call?" NFL, Alworth would catch 200. :D

I don't see any possible way they both wear blue.

411019[/snapback]

One might think that the logical away game for the Bills to wear their blue throwbacks is Miami, since the Fish wear white at home.