Why did Buffalo stop blitzing?

dib

A, I wrong or did they back off and let Leftwhich prance down the field. All game long they're in his face and then it's off to la la land. 4th and phone numbers and he makes it?

BTW did you know that when you snap a dvd-r in half it shatters into many tiny pieces?

I agree. We did stop blitzing Jax and I don't know why either. The blitz was working.

I don't like Jerry Gray much. This isn't the first time his defense gave away the game at the end and it probably isn't the last.

I'm not a fan of the prevent, but blitzing wouldn't have made any difference on the 4thd down plays....Leftwich was just hiking the ball and throwing up prayers. Unless one of the DT's is left untouched, there's nothing a pass-rush can do to stop those plays. Once in a while you have to expect your best DB to make a play on a 4th&14 prayer - if he can't then you've got problems.

Then again, maybe they should've blitzed if they were only going to have single coverage deep anyway.

Blitzing woul dhave opened up the field too much and allowed easy completions to move the ball. Prevent in that situation helps you out a lot...

You mean like the completion on 4th and 14? What better time to put MORE pressure on the QB? Get after him, he's already in trouble because he has to pick up a long first down. Give him something else to worry about- like getting ear-holed.

See previous TMQs. Blitz Wacky packages don't often help team out when they have played conservative D throught the game. Going Blitz Wacky at that point could have hurt us more. I don't know what formation we were in at that point, but the DL needs to get a good pass rush even late in the game. Clearly they didn't do this.