Fantasy Football (get your fixing for it here)

geggytah

first, thanks for expressing your concern.  it is great to have active members in a FFL.  i think that the issue of not having enough BNs has been addressed sufficiently...unless you think 7 is not enough...then let me know and we can discuss.

second, here is why i like the limited number of BNs.  when you draft and trade you HAVE to account for things like BYE weeks.  you cannot just grab players because you like them, you have to like them and do some long term planning.  if you DO end up with multiple players having BYE weeks the same week, it forces you to either accept a 0 for their position for that week OR (which is a major strong point) increases activity in the league by stimulating trades, drops, waivers, and FA pickups.  lastly, having limited BNs eliminates owners that get lucky during the draft/waivers/FA pickups and stash away talent - not to use the talent on their team but to prevent others from having the talent on their team. 

having said all that, i am sticking with the 7 BNs for now, unless the league demands more or less of them.  voice your opinions please....everyone.

403281[/snapback]

I think we can work with 7 BN. I agree that it may take some of the strategy away because owners can and will stash players, but it may benefit everyone in the long run as teams who lose strong talent due to injury/bye can remain competitive...

AHHHHH....yahoo messed us up. unfortunately there was a microcosmic moment of time where the 11th guy in our league signed up, yahoo attempted to start the draft and noticed an odd number of managers - then automatically changed the draft to an autopick draft, and then the 12th guy signed up.

unfortunately i cannot get our draft time back for tonight due to yahoo not being able to due instantanious changes. i can set the draft for tomorrow evening at 7pm or we can all select a time together. sorry about this...it was out of my hands.

is tomorrow okay for everyone? please post below or PM me about your preference i will set up a time most convenient for everyone.

the more i think about it, friday night is just probably too much to ask for people to be here and spend time drafting. i will change the time to Tuesday at 7pm.

others please let me know if you can make it then. i will do my best to accomodate EVERYONE.

the more i think about it, friday night is just probably too much to ask for people to be here and spend time drafting. i will change the time to Tuesday at 7pm.

others please let me know if you can make it then. i will do my best to accomodate EVERYONE.

405375[/snapback]

It makes no difference to me. I already pre-ranked as cannot make a live draft.

It makes no difference to me.  I already pre-ranked as cannot make a live draft.

405443[/snapback]

why is it that you cannot make a live draft? there is no possible time for you to have an hour or two free to enjoy a fantasy draft?

if there is a time, let me know and i will see what i can do

Just a reminder for everyone that joined....the draft is TUESDAY, AUGUST 15th at 7PM. That is TOMORROW. Please be there at least 10 minutes early for some pre-draft talk and to make sure everything is running smoothly.

Thanks,

The commish

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.