Fantasy Football (get your fixing for it here)

geggytah

I put this on the Stadium Wall so that more people will see it and the league will fill up faster. Please leave it up on the Wall for a day or two. Please :blink:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1...inprivateleague

League ID#: 356799

Password: cookies

I don't know about the rest of you but I am DYING to have a draft and get a league going. The other leagues that I am in don't begin until the end of this month and I just can't wait that long anymore. Please please please please do not enter this league if you do not fully intend to stay active and competitive in it for the ENTIRE season. This league is very deep and high scoring points-wise. It should be a challenge during the draft because the number of players on both offense and defense that will be available to consider. Please e-mail me (you can find my e-mail after you sign up for the league) or post messages on the message board on the league's homepage if you wish to discuss the points breakdown or any other concerns/questions that you have. Thanks for joining and I look forward to a great season! Here is the breakdown of the league:

League Name: TBD - FFL for Masters

League ID#: 356799

Password: cookies

Draft Type: Live Draft

Draft Time: Thu Aug 11 7:00pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]

Max Teams: 12

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: November 25, 2005

Trade Review: Commissioner

Waiver Time: 2 days

Post Draft Players: Free Agents

Playoffs: Week 15 and 16 (4 teams)

Roster Positions: QB, QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R, K, DEF, D, D, DB, DB, DL, DL, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Stat Categories: Incomplete Passes (-1)

Passing Yards (30 yards per point)

Passing Touchdowns (6)

Interceptions (-4)

Sacks (-2)

Rushing Yards (20 yards per point)

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Receptions (1)

Reception Yards (10 yards per point)

Reception Touchdowns (6)

Return Yards (25 yards per point)

Return Touchdowns (6)

2-Point Conversions (2)

Fumbles Lost (-4)

Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)

Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)

Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)

Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)

Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)

Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)

Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-3)

Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-3)

Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards (-3)

Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards (-2)

Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards (-1)

Point After Attempt Made (1)

Point After Attempt Missed (-3)

Sack (2)

Interception (5)

Fumble Recovery (5)

Touchdown (6)

Safety (2)

Block Kick (2)

Return Yards (25 yards per point)

Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)

Points Allowed 0 points (10)

Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)

Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)

Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)

Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)

Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)

Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

Tackle Solo (1)

Tackle Assist (.5)

Sack (2)

Interception (4)

Fumble Force (2)

Fumble Recovery (2)

Touchdown (6)

Safety (2)

Pass Defended (1)

Block Kick (2)

bump....i assume ppl aren't joining because no one else has so far. don't be afraid to be the first or second to join. if enrollment isn't high enough i will delete the league anyway. let's play some fantasy football baby!

I'm in under "Arkansas Bills Fan", but won't be able to draft live. Gotta work.

402410[/snapback]

please make sure that you pre-rank your players so that you get the players you actually want rather than have them drafted in the order that yahoo puts them.

please make sure that you pre-rank your players so that you get the players you actually want rather than have them drafted in the order that yahoo puts them.

402420[/snapback]

I am a bit confused. I am not joining the league but are you sure you have to pre-rank your players if it is "Live Draft" ?

Draft Type: Live Draft

Draft Time: Thu Aug 11 7:00pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]

I am a bit confused.  I am not joining the league but are you sure you have to pre-rank your players if it is "Live Draft" ?

403097[/snapback]

if you are not present for the live draft then the yahoo will automatically draft players for you based on their rankings - that is UNLESS you modify their rankings to your liking

I don't agree with every detail of the scoring system, but I think it is better than most. I was wondering the other day why most leagues tend to suck so much?

My boss asks me if I want to join his Fantasy Football League this year and I immediately say yes.

Then he emails me the rules and I think "maybe not".

No points for a fumble recovery on defense, 1 lousy pt for an INT. 6 pts for a TD - OK fine. But 3 lousy points for a 100-125 yard game for a RB/WR, and 3 pts for any FG? 5pts for a 50+yd FG? By that system I may as well draft a Kicker first. Three chip-shot FG's apparently equals a 120yd, 1 TD game by a WR? Also no negative points for int's thrown by a QB. A QB has to throw for 300 yards to get any yardage points? A RB that runs for 99 yds & no TD's is 0 pts...ok.

And oh yeah, defense....A D that gives up 6 points and only gets 1 turnover should be worth more than one that gives up 40 pts and forces 4 turnovers.

I don't agree with every detail of the scoring system, but I think it is better than most.  I was wondering the other day why most leagues tend to suck so much?

My boss asks me if I want to join his Fantasy Football League this year and I immediately say yes.

Then he emails me the rules and I think "maybe not".

No points for a fumble recovery on defense, 1 lousy pt for an INT. 6 pts for a TD - OK fine. But 3 lousy points for a 100-125 yard game for a RB/WR, and 3 pts for any FG? 5pts for a 50+yd FG? By that system I may as well draft a Kicker first. Three chip-shot FG's apparently equals a 120yd, 1 TD game by a WR? Also no negative points for int's thrown by a QB. A QB has to throw for 300 yards to get any yardage points? A RB that runs for 99 yds & no TD's is 0 pts...ok.

And oh yeah, defense....A D that gives up 6 points and only gets 1 turnover should be worth more than one that gives up 40 pts and forces 4 turnovers.

403133[/snapback]

so what details of the scoring system i devised should be changed in your opinion? like i said, i am open to suggestions.

I actually think it looks pretty good. 

Can you customize a Yahoo league to whatever scoring you want?

403210[/snapback]

for the most part, yeah....there are certain limitations but it is generally very customizable

I played in your league last year and I had one major point of concern of playing again this year. You have included defensive positions.

I like playing with the defensive positions but I found it very difficult to field an entire team with the limited benches. I usually had to waive a good player or leave a slot open for much of the season.

Sometimes this was due to injury, sometimes due to a bye week, or sometimes both. Can we expand the number of benched players we have?

I played in your league last year and I had one major point of concern of playing again this year. You have included defensive positions.

I like playing with the defensive positions but I found it very difficult to field an entire team with the limited benches.  I usually had to waive a good player or leave a slot open for much of the season.

Sometimes this was due to injury, sometimes due to a bye week, or sometimes both. Can we expand the number of benched players we have?

403244[/snapback]

i did increase the number of benched players this year....although i think having the number low added a little more strategy into the whole league. last year i had either 4 or 6 benched players....this year i selected 7 bench players and actually decreased the number of starters from 18 to 17 (i dropped a WR)

does this sound ok?

now that i think about it though i almost don't like the 7 bench players. 5 or 6 might be sufficient. what does everyone think?

;)

i did increase the number of benched players this year....although i think having the number low added a little more strategy into the whole league.  last year i had either 4 or 6 benched players....this year i selected 7 bench players and actually decreased the number of starters from 18 to 17 (i dropped a WR)

does this sound ok?

now that i think about it though i almost don't like the 7 bench players.  5 or 6 might be sufficient.  what does everyone think?

403264[/snapback]

QB, QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R, K, DEF, D, D, DB, DB, DL, DL, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

I'm pretty sure you only had 4 last year.

You have 17 positions to fill. Each week there are 4 teams with byes, and lets assume 1 injured player per week(short term injury). That means you have to assume you will lose the use of 15% of your players each week. Keep in mind that is with 4 benches and 1 injury.

Don't get me wrong I liked the league last year, I just found that I was too often given a choice between waiving one of my better players or leaving a slot blank due to this.

That being said I'm still in and I WILL enjoy it and this will be the only time I open my yap about it.

EDIT: I wrote my original post before I counted the number of BNs you had this year. :D

;)

QB, QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R, K, DEF, D, D, DB, DB, DL, DL, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

I'm pretty sure you only had 4 last year.

You have 17 positions to fill. Each week there are 4 teams with byes, and lets assume 1 injured player per week(short term injury). That means you have to assume you will lose the use of 15% of your players each week. Keep in mind that is with 4 benches and 1 injury.

Don't get me wrong I liked the league last year, I just found that I was too often given a choice between waiving one of my better players or leaving a slot blank due to this.

That being said I'm still in and I WILL enjoy it and this will be the only time I open my yap about it.

EDIT: I wrote my original post before I counted the number of BNs you had this year. :D

403275[/snapback]

first, thanks for expressing your concern. it is great to have active members in a FFL. i think that the issue of not having enough BNs has been addressed sufficiently...unless you think 7 is not enough...then let me know and we can discuss.

second, here is why i like the limited number of BNs. when you draft and trade you HAVE to account for things like BYE weeks. you cannot just grab players because you like them, you have to like them and do some long term planning. if you DO end up with multiple players having BYE weeks the same week, it forces you to either accept a 0 for their position for that week OR (which is a major strong point) increases activity in the league by stimulating trades, drops, waivers, and FA pickups. lastly, having limited BNs eliminates owners that get lucky during the draft/waivers/FA pickups and stash away talent - not to use the talent on their team but to prevent others from having the talent on their team.

having said all that, i am sticking with the 7 BNs for now, unless the league demands more or less of them. voice your opinions please....everyone.

first, thanks for expressing your concern.  it is great to have active members in a FFL.  i think that the issue of not having enough BNs has been addressed sufficiently...unless you think 7 is not enough...then let me know and we can discuss.

second, here is why i like the limited number of BNs.  when you draft and trade you HAVE to account for things like BYE weeks.  you cannot just grab players because you like them, you have to like them and do some long term planning.  if you DO end up with multiple players having BYE weeks the same week, it forces you to either accept a 0 for their position for that week OR (which is a major strong point) increases activity in the league by stimulating trades, drops, waivers, and FA pickups.  lastly, having limited BNs eliminates owners that get lucky during the draft/waivers/FA pickups and stash away talent - not to use the talent on their team but to prevent others from having the talent on their team. 

having said all that, i am sticking with the 7 BNs for now, unless the league demands more or less of them.  voice your opinions please....everyone.

403281[/snapback]

I think we can work with 7 BN. I agree that it may take some of the strategy away because owners can and will stash players, but it may benefit everyone in the long run as teams who lose strong talent due to injury/bye can remain competitive...

AHHHHH....yahoo messed us up. unfortunately there was a microcosmic moment of time where the 11th guy in our league signed up, yahoo attempted to start the draft and noticed an odd number of managers - then automatically changed the draft to an autopick draft, and then the 12th guy signed up.

unfortunately i cannot get our draft time back for tonight due to yahoo not being able to due instantanious changes. i can set the draft for tomorrow evening at 7pm or we can all select a time together. sorry about this...it was out of my hands.

is tomorrow okay for everyone? please post below or PM me about your preference i will set up a time most convenient for everyone.

the more i think about it, friday night is just probably too much to ask for people to be here and spend time drafting. i will change the time to Tuesday at 7pm.

others please let me know if you can make it then. i will do my best to accomodate EVERYONE.

the more i think about it, friday night is just probably too much to ask for people to be here and spend time drafting. i will change the time to Tuesday at 7pm.

others please let me know if you can make it then. i will do my best to accomodate EVERYONE.

405375[/snapback]

It makes no difference to me. I already pre-ranked as cannot make a live draft.

It makes no difference to me.  I already pre-ranked as cannot make a live draft.

405443[/snapback]

why is it that you cannot make a live draft? there is no possible time for you to have an hour or two free to enjoy a fantasy draft?

if there is a time, let me know and i will see what i can do

Just a reminder for everyone that joined....the draft is TUESDAY, AUGUST 15th at 7PM. That is TOMORROW. Please be there at least 10 minutes early for some pre-draft talk and to make sure everything is running smoothly.

Thanks,

The commish

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.