Zhitnik to Isles

Gonchar suffered a serious concussion while playing overseas last year. That's why the Bruins haven't resigned him.

397005[/snapback]

The reports I've seen indicate that he's fully recovered, although as we've seen with Lafontaine and other Sabres, once the coconut gets conked...

Oh well, I'd still pull the trigger on Gonchar if he checks out medically.

This is exactly what Zhitnik is:

A real workhorse who logs a lot of ice time. He changed sticks a couple years ago and he can get the puck on the net now. He plays on the power play, kills penalties. He was the Sabres defensemen with, by far, the most ice time. He even cut way down on his mistakes and if he gets ticked off, he can be a big hitter.

This one hurts more than letting Satan go. Defense is the Sabres biggest need and they just let their best defensemen go. $3.5 million a season is less than the Sabres offered him before the lockout and the Sabres saved $3.8 million by letting Satan go and they told Zhitnik he was not wanted here. Did we get anyone to replace Zhitnik? Hell no. Maybe Richard Smhelik will be available in Spetember.

If Regier even has a plan, it really sucks so far.

396884[/snapback]

Not only on the ice, but I heard Daniel Briere say (about two weeks ago when asked about re-signing Zhitnik) that AZ didn't wear the "C", but he was the unquestioned captain and leader of the team. And we give him the good riddance?

You're right, it would be easier to take if the Sabres were making some noise and at least throwing an offer out to some of the other players available. They are going fast and I feel like the Sabres aren't even involved.

Article in the Buff News says Satan is interested in the Long Islanders also. Peca, Zhitnik, and Satan for Connelly and Pyatt. Ouch.

Maybe we plan to convert one of our three goaltenders to a defenseman.

Darcy- do you have any idea how to run a team?

397440[/snapback]

NO, I think the plan is to use 3 goalies and 3 defensemen so we can dump all our goal scorers before they get to expensive.

Maybe we plan to convert one of our three goaltenders to a defenseman.

Darcy- do you have any idea how to run a team?

397440[/snapback]

Maybe this is why Golo$ano liked the new CBA so much....so he can be a cheap a$$ and do nothing.

Right now I think the Sabres are primed for a long year unless they make some moves for defense.