Good Read on the Dolfelons Woes

"Ricky's comeback with Miami is the perfect distraction from the Dolphins' real problems -- a drab quarterback situation, a tight end who's obviously seen What's Love Got To Do With It too many times and another collection of players who might someday be on Cops: Miami.

"The Nick Saban era will begin with Feeley or Frerotte at quarterback. That pretty much says it all."

Beautiful.

We seem to have forgotten Saban has taken some other risks. McMichael was arrested twice in 13 months on domestic violence charges. Saban also signed undrafted free-agent safety Abram Elam, a convicted sex offender.

Wide receiver David Boston's résumé has a steroid suspension and an arrest for striking an airline attendant. Former UF linebacker Channing Crowder, a third-round pick, not only has been arrested for fighting, but he's trying to build an NFL career on knees that have seen five surgeries.

Maybe they really should change their name to the Dol-felons...

:angry:

Boiling down the coach-speak, Feeley or Frerotte isn't the answer. Feeley had the worst passer rating among NFL starting quarterbacks. Frerotte is 34 and hasn't been a starter in eight years. Frerotte had one good season and his distinguished NFL moment is head-butting a padded concrete wall after a touchdown and suffering a neck injury.

Sounds like Saban has to pick between a girl with no teeth and one with bad hair.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

It is an entertaining story IF you don't have to read the same Ricky crap from the same writer every day this week. I live in Orlando, and the Sentinal has been lame with this Ricky coverage. The other day there was an actual report that he way or may not have been grinning at practice.

I care about sports, not sports soap opera. It borders on people's love for celebrity, which is sickening to me. But I digress... I can't wait for the season to start so it isn't "Ricky cut himself shaving this morning" stories in my local paper.