Question about Jeff Burris

Burris played during the Lou Holtz era at Notre Dame.

370784[/snapback]

Speaking of Lou Holtz, I saw him three days ago at an LPL Convention in San Diego. He didn't drink nor eat but just walked through the crowd and talked to people. It was different in that he would continuously have a semi-circle of people around him with everybody just listening while Lou flowed from story to story. I couldn't get close enough to hear much of what he was saying but he was going on quite a bit about the big crowds at SEC games. I wanted to ask him what he thought about the controversial call in the Miami-Ohio State National Championship. He is from Ohio and coached one year for Woody Hayes among other schools. I could just imagine Holtz blowing his top if some referee had told him (as they did in that game) that he had delayed making his call because he was replaying it in his mind! Holtz produced everywhere he coached except with the Jets (no big loss).

As for Burris, the Bills were lucky to have him. The problem is as we well know, once you start winning and/or the players start producing quality stats, the best players start asking for more $$$$$$$. So the current squad better win fast as come one year from now, the Bills will be paying notes and they will be losing stars. Assuming they do some winning...