Dante

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
wow Rayzer you were way out of line with this thread. FACT is that the day after the US anthem was booed in montreal, the US anthem got a loud standing ovation from the Toronto crowd before a sabres/leafs game at the ACC.....that is class. French Canadians are scumbags.

27271[/snapback]

What the hell do YOU know about French Canadians to call them that?? When you throw that name around, you are calling my family scumbags, and that I don't appreciate.

The fans that booed are the people that can't get over the fact that everyone has to live in peace and harmony in the country, and they have to differentiate themselves somehow. Besides, they were probably loaded, and NOT realizing how insulting that was, and if they did, then screw them. Even *I* have been called a pig in French, when a guy at Tim Hortons thought I was another dumb Anglophone... There are a-hole$ ALL OVER the USA too, and I seem to remember a very strong backlash to France here, and some of the ignorant things people did(like smashing French wines and stomping on French bread is gonna help, COME ON). We are NOT immune to stupidity here, either.

Almost gametime, and thought this was going to be a hockey thread. As a Canadian out west, with family all over our country - I just want to say every single friggin Canadian I know was embarrassed by the booing of your anthem - even the French Canadians I know.

BUT we have bigger problems with the idiots in Montreal - they also boo the Canadian anthem, ESPECIALLY DURING CANADA DAY CELEBRATIONS.

If you boo your own anthem, why not boo someone elses :doh:

Go Bills! Only 3 more hours. How friggin long has it been since we played an important game - probably close to 10 months. Fuggin Gilbride :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: .

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
my post about French canadians being scumbags was just a  poor attempt at satire that didnt translate well. it was just a joke man.

27299[/snapback]

Sorry.. My post ended up a little harsher than I intended... I get wound up sometimes. I make fun of us regularly, particularly the way we throw the F word in every other sentence, the cigarette dangling from our mouths!

I get tired of the supporters of the sovereignty issue who want to turn the movement into some radical, 'Quebec for French only' movement... You just can't shut out other cultures like that! Ohh well, maybe one day they'll get it! :doh: